Beginners and Beyond

Feels like fall FriDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to say, GOOD LUCK, BABOON.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.  I get to leave work at 9 a.m. today for an upper G.I. and a full body scan at the military hospital.  Swallow barium and get injected with dye...fun stuff! Roll eyes   After that, will do the grocery shopping for Gail, who has a very hectic day at her office today as she is one of only 3 admins there today for about 20 execs, since all the 'big wigs' have a conference today and took most of the admins with them for whatever reasons.  Since Gail is the admin exec for the local company President,  he had her stay in the office because he trusts her to watch over things.  She has a very good rep at work, but it sure keeps her busy!    Relaxing weekend after that for me and Gail as I have NO races scheduled on the weekend for a change.  Tomorrow is her company picnic, followed by us watching the Alabama - Texas A&M football game.  And for once, Traci, I am rooting for Alabama.  IMHO, that Johnny Football kid needs a lesson in humility, so I hope the Crimson Tide kicks Aggie butt!

Today is - GASP -  Friday the 13th, Sep 13...holidays for today are:

National Peanut Day and Snack On A Pickle Day

Fortune Cookie Day

Positive Thinking Day

Uncle Sam Day - his image was first used on this day in 1813

Defy Superstition Day

peanut cartoons, peanut cartoon, peanut picture, peanut pictures, peanut image, peanut images, peanut illustration, peanut illustrations

KEYWORD1  2012-03-06  music  celebrity  celebrities  rock and roll  rock music  singer  singers  per

KEYWORD1  2004-10-03  sunday cartoon  sunday cartoons  color cartoon  color cartoons  plantar wart

pickle cartoons, pickle cartoon, pickle picture, pickle pictures, pickle image, pickle images, pickle illustration, pickle illustrations

fortune cookie cartoons, fortune cookie cartoon, fortune cookie picture, fortune cookie pictures, fortune cookie image, fortune cookie images, fortune cookie illustration, fortune cookie illustrations

KEYWORD1  2011-04-13  food  foods  eat  eating  dine  dining  meal  meals

positive thinking cartoons, positive thinking cartoon, positive thinking picture, positive thinking pictures, positive thinking image, positive thinking images, positive thinking illustration, positive thinking illustrations

positive attitude cartoons, positive attitude cartoon, positive attitude picture, positive attitude pictures, positive attitude image, positive attitude images, positive attitude illustration, positive attitude illustrations

KEYWORD1  2008-07-24  mouse  mice  cat  cats  feline  felines  pet  pets

Uncle Sam cartoons, Uncle Sam cartoon, Uncle Sam picture, Uncle Sam pictures, Uncle Sam image, Uncle Sam images, Uncle Sam illustration, Uncle Sam illustrations

KEYWORD1  2012-04-13  car  cars  auto  autos  automobile  automobiles  vehicle  vehicles

KEYWORD1  2010-08-13  dog  dogs  canine  canines  pet  pets  animal  animals

KEYWORD1  2008-06-13  dog  dogs  canine  canines  pet  pets  animal  animals

superstition cartoons, superstition cartoon, superstition picture, superstition pictures, superstition image, superstition images, superstition illustration, superstition illustrations

KEYWORD1  2009-04-04  eva  husband  husbands  wife  wives  religion  religions  relationship

Chat with all of you later...off to my doc appointment, oh yay!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Step, hope your 'new' car does not give you any more problems!   Wow, 47 degrees...that is coat weather in Texas!   Sounds like a nice morning run for you!

You don't sweat in 54 degrees, LRB?  Must be nice!  It could be 20 degrees out and I'd still be sweating like crazy after a run.

Congrats on your early a.m. run, Damaris!  Why'd you get up so early today?   And...bad boss, bad boss!  Hey, Karma is a bitch..just be patient....he will get his, you'll see.

Good luck with the to, SUS! Glad your hip is healing.  Wow, even with a sore hip you are speedy!

Right with ya there, Tom, about feeling like summer still.  Our high here for today in San Antonio - flippin' 98 degrees!  Congrats on your pre-dawn run!  Doing that myself for a couple of weeks more.   Dang Mother Nature, I wish she would cool us down around here, we're already half-way through September!

Good luck with all those meetings, Oski!  Run when you can and don't worry bout nuthin'! Joking  I'm with you on the form thing.  My doc watched me run a few times and just shook his head and laughed.  He told me "Scotty, with all you got going on in your body, forget about form.  Just run what's "natural" for you and as long as you don't have any pain, you're good to go."  So that's what I do, I just get out there and run whatever feels 'right."  I may look like a big ole fat running pelican with wings flapping as far as my form goes, but what the heck, no pain and I get where I want to go.  IMHO, sometimes we worry too much about "form" and stuff like that. Instead, we should just get out there and run with no worries, like kids do when they play.  Just.....go....run!

Uggg, spider webs....hate it, Dave, when I run face-first into them, yucky, sticky, feeling!  Nice weather you're having too, send it our way!

Sorry you are not feeling well, Basya, hope you feel better soon!

Et tu, Free Soul?  What's up with everyone having all this nice weather?  Mother Nature must really be mad at exas and Miami!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, PHIL!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Phil, good luck tomorrow!

SU, nice running! Dang that's fast.

Basya, get better soon!

Today was a long Pace run. I completed 10 miles @ 8:29 overall. The point I'm at in my training program reminds me of how I felt when I was a senior in college. I was ready for it to be over. I love to run, and maybe it's not the training plan length, but rather the fact that I run my race when it's over. I guess it can't get here soon enough.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, I woke up early because I won't have time to run the full 12 tonight, so I have to doubled up.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Summer is still lingering around here.  Up in the foothills its in the 90s, although after this weekend it is supposed to cool down into the 80s for some nice fall weather.  I'm scheduled to cross train today, but I'm thinking about a couple of very easy miles instead of the dreaded elliptical.  I'll see how the day goes.

A question for you Dailies folks -- do you prefer a 3 week or 2 week taper for your marathon?  I've done 3 weeks for my first two marathons and was planning on doing the same this year.   However, thinking back on it, I definitely felt a little sluggish and out of sorts at the start of my last marathon and really didn't feel like I had hit my running groove until about mile 8.   I wonder if less of a taper would have had me feeling a little sharper at the beginning.  Or, it could have just been nerves -- it was my goal race for the year, so I was definitely freaking out a little that morning.

Basya -- I hope you feel better soon.

SUS -- nice splits.

Phil -- Good luck this weekend!

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've had two week tapers for the last two goal marathons, so I prefer that.

Damaris

outoftheblue

I've had two week tapers for the last two goal marathons, so I prefer that.

Did you cut back your volume at all for week 3, or were you out doing a 20 miler?  (or knowing you, running a marathon or ultra or some such thing)  Also, what percent of volume did you do the second week out?

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did you cut back your volume at all for week 3, or were you out doing a 20 miler?  (or knowing you, running a marathon or ultra or some such thing)  Also, what percent of volume did you do the second week out?

For Berlin, I had a 16 miler that week. I have an 18 miler with 1 mile of w/u, 16 @ MP +20 seconds and 1 mile of c/d.  I am running 64 miles on Week 3.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Thanks Docket!

Life is good.

LRB

A question for you Dailies folks -- do you prefer a 3 week or 2 week taper for your marathon? 

For my first I did three weeks, and my legs never felt better than those first steps out of the corral race day morning.  To be honest with you, it was awesome!

My second I ran injured so the entire two months before it was basically a taper!

I am following Daniels this time around and it will be a two week taper, but I sure wish it was three as I am so done with it all.

For what it's worth I am one of those people who does fret about losing fitness during a taper so there is that.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi dailies. I nice 10.5 miles. Just kinda ran down a variety of streets. It is fun to do that sometimes. Our neighborhood is large. The one next to ours is humongous so I ran over to it and meandered. I run over there a lot and do most if my longest runs there as I can explore all the different sections and not have to repeat much other than returning back to the paved oath to get back to my neighborhood.

Marjorie

Will run for scenery.

Lots of crazy rain around here, with lots of crazy flooding to go with it.  Ever since the main road up into the mountains flooded last month (killing 1, destroying lots of nearby property) they shut the road down any time it even smells like rain in that area.  And that adds 2 hours onto any drive.

I had a great (and cheap ! and flat !) 15 mile trail run I was going to do on Sunday, but even if I decided to brave the forecasted rain showers, its near certain that they'll close the road.  I was really hoping to get a 30-mile weekend in, but the weather ain't helping.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

Hi dailies. I nice 10.5 miles. Just kinda ran down a variety of streets. It is fun to do that sometimes. Our neighborhood is large. The one next to ours is humongous so I ran over to it and meandered. I run over there a lot and do most if my longest runs there as I can explore all the different sections and not have to repeat much other than returning back to the paved oath to get back to my neighborhood.

Jealous.  Smile  My neighborhood is mediocre for routes - I'm flanked by major roads (even though our neighborhood roads are quiet) and so I have to navigate those if I want to do anything over 4 or 5.  And then there are some close roads that I just won't run on because they are too windy, and narrow with a lot of blind turns and/or way too cambered and/or require climbing a big ass hill.

StepbyStep-SH

Lots of crazy rain around here, with lots of crazy flooding to go with it.  Ever since the main road up into the mountains flooded last month (killing 1, destroying lots of nearby property) they shut the road down any time it even smells like rain in that area.  And that adds 2 hours onto any drive.

I had a great (and cheap ! and flat !) 15 mile trail run I was going to do on Sunday, but even if I decided to brave the forecasted rain showers, its near certain that they'll close the road.  I was really hoping to get a 30-mile weekend in, but the weather ain't helping.

Stay safe!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.