Beginners and Beyond

Beat the heavy rain ThursdayDailes (Read 22 times)

5.5; first 3.5 up and down dirt railroad grade(no bumps), then

2 roadcrown hill, and only got one quick tiny buzz in the hams durning the roadcrown.

all light rain but beat heavy rain that’s coming

PS off work day, so back at the house and back in my PJs😀

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I made the decision to defer my marathon (Carmel in two weeks). Between expecting a call to tell me my dad passed away any time and my knee bugging me for the last month, I figured it's best to just run when I want to and leave the marathons for the Fall.

I have an RD but have Pilates and maybe weights.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I beat the rain too.  I ran in a steady, fine mist that I could barely see or feel, but by the end of my run I was wet from head to toe.  9 miles today, with the middle 6 at HMP. My RP is away for a few weeks, so I was running solo. While my overall average pace was pretty good, my pacing within the run was ragged. It could be not running with someone, but it could also be fatigue from all my recent miles. Looking at my cadence data, I was working hard almost from the start. But then, that's the point of training, isn't it?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

LRB

I was afraid of the rain (more so the darkess and gale warning that accompanied it), so I did body dips instead (8 sets). Then came outside for work and there was no rain and very little wind! 

delicate flower

'Morning!  I, too, ran early to beat the rain.  Back on the track for 5.2 easy miles after the snow has finally melted away.  Bike workout later, which is going to be a nut stomper.  

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Barkley Marathons started at 3:04 AM this morning in the rain.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sdWhiskers

What rain?  4 miles before a 730am meeting, that's all I had time for. Might squeeze in a few more this afternoon between meetings.

delicate flower

Covid microchipping dose #1 scheduled for next Saturday!  Hooray!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, it's storming and our winds are around 45mph gusts today. Glad it's an RD because Sole is ordering a part for me that's on back order. Damn Covid.

Damaris

LRB

Covid microchipping dose #1 scheduled for next Saturday!  Hooray!!

It works. When I google myself and go to maps, I can see my current location.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL

Damaris

DavePNW

The best part is that we can all see your location.

Only 5 miles, squeezed in before my 7 AM call. Even tougher than usual to squeeze in considering how slow it was. Felt like running through molasses; my slowest paced run in about a year and a half, excluding a couple of last month's snow runs. Ugh.

Dave

delicate flower

So the Bears offered Seattle three first round picks, a third round pick, and Khalil Mack for Russell Wilson, and Seattle said NO???

<3

DavePNW

So the Bears offered Seattle three first round picks, a third round pick, and Khalil Mack for Russell Wilson, and Seattle said NO???

LOL I heard the Bears “went aggressive” but I did not hear those details. Teams will do just about anything for an elite-level QB.

Dave

Cyberic

Ran the usual before work. Nothing else to report.