Beginners and Beyond

Beat the heavy rain ThursdayDailes (Read 22 times)

onemile

Ran the usual before work. Nothing else to report.

when is your country gonna start allowing Americans back in? I want to visit Banff this summer

Cyberic

when is your country gonna start allowing Americans back in? I want to visit Banff this summer

We are afraid of the variants. We are also afraid of the original. We are afraid of flying, and airplanes, and airports. We are afraid of people who don't wash their hands.

The numbers of covid cases per day is what rules our country. They have moved the curfew form 8 PM tp 9:30 PM 2 days ago. We have about 700 cases per day in my province. We are afraid of the variants. We are also afraid of the original. We are afraid of flying, and airplanes, and airports. We are afraid of people who don't wash their hands.

Does that anwer your question? 

onemile

We are afraid of the variants. We are also afraid of the original. We are afraid of flying, and airplanes, and airports. We are afraid of people who don't wash their hands.

The numbers of covid cases per day is what rules our country. They have moved the curfew form 8 PM tp 9:30 PM 2 days ago. We have about 700 cases per day in my province. We are afraid of the variants. We are also afraid of the original. We are afraid of flying, and airplanes, and airports. We are afraid of people who don't wash their hands.

Does that anwer your question? 

We're not scared here. or at least 50% of the population 

I would just do a road trip/camping thing and try not to scare anyone 

DavePNW

I just need the border open by May 2022 for the Vancouver Marathon, since I'm still holding on to a deferral (or whatever % they decide to cover).

Dave

delicate flower

Speaking of deferrals, DW just got an e-mail saying our skiing season passes for this year are being fully deferred to next year, since we did not use them once.  We bought them last fall hoping we'd get to ski, but decided to skip it entirely, assuming we'd be eating that $1500.  They really didn't owe us anything but we are thrilled to get the deferral.  We've already started looking for lodging for a Colorado trip next winter.

<3

DavePNW

Today marks exactly 10 months with my current company, and I’ve hardly taken any vacation time. So we’re gonna need to get out and do some things. Once I can get freaking vaccinated. And oh now DW is starting a new job in a week, so she probably won’t be getting any time off for a while. Though she only works Mon-Thurs, so maybe some long weekends.

Dave

LRB

We're not scared here. or at least 50% of the population 

That number could be as high as 75% depending on when and where you are!

sdWhiskers

I ran another 3 miles in the beautiful sunshine.

My company has decided that our work passwords need to be at least 15 characters long now. You know, the password I type in 30+ times every day 

sdWhiskers

That number could be as high as 75% depending on when and where you are!

Definitely <50% here

DavePNW

My company has decided that our work passwords need to be at least 15 characters long now. You know, the password I type in 30+ times every day 

That is wack. What is the justification? You can’t reason with IT security people. We don’t have that, but we do have two-factor authentification for a bunch of things, so I’m always getting text messages and entering 6-digit codes. Sometimes I get a text even though I wasn’t trying to log into anything. Then later I’ll see a window on my screen that had popped up at some point, waiting for a code. Which of course by now has expired. 

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I'd love to know how many CIOs (or CEOs) actually change their passwords regularly without writing them down, especially when they're 15 characters long.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

LRB

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 on the treadmill.

We had to switch our AS400 (used for patient accounting) every 90 days. It couldn't be one you used in the past. It is really hard to come up with unique passwords after 15 years. I wrote it down on a post-it that I kept in a locked drawer after too many e-mails to the Help Desk asking to reset.

LRB

6 on the treadmill.

We had to switch our AS400 (used for patient accounting) every 90 days. It couldn't be one you used in the past. It is really hard to come up with unique passwords after 15 years. I wrote it down on a post-it that I kept in a locked drawer after too many e-mails to the Help Desk asking to reset.

Mine is based off my original 4 character password from years ago where I simply added a new character whenever its time was up. At one point, it was almost longer than the alphabet before the system got reset. lol

sdWhiskers

We change every 90 days also. I've been increasing the number at the end by one each time. I have a coworker who simply does winter2020 then spring2021, etc every 3 months