Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins Don't Need To Impress Anyone, But It Happens Anyway! (Read 28 times)

hog4life

Hey everyone, I'm tired! I finished the half, but it was not a good one. My R foot was going numb, had to stop twice for that, turn socks inside out and loosen the laces.  I also had a side stitch that didnt help. My time was 2:03:38. I'll do a RR with details later.

tracilynn

Sorry it wasnt the race you wanted but still a great job!

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

New shoes. HOKA  5.25 in these. Half trail half road. Like them a lot!

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

Morning penguins!

Gustav-- awesome on the tempo run. Yes, we are our own coaches in many ways with each of our unique bodies.  I'm glad you figured out how to get some more pep in your step on these runs.

Jerry-- hi!  Hope the wind dies down a bit for y'all.

Bin-- sometimes adequate sleep is what our bodies most need.  Good job on the 6.

Jack-- good luck with your race tomorrow.  I'm sure you'll do great.

Traci-- I'm sorry you're having a rough time with you legs. Cry How frustrating that must be.   Have fun at the party tonight!   Nice shoes!

Mitch-- looking forward to you RR soon.  Sorry the race didn't go how you wanted.

I did 8m with some fartlek.  I felt good, and have decided this running week wasn't nearly as bad as I was scared it was gonna be.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Robert31320

Team TJ

Way to go, Mitch.  Even with problems we're proud for you!

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Well, we took dd to breakfast, so we had to wait until 1300 to run.  Wind died down, but we only did 4 easy miles.  I was a little overdressed for a LR anyway.  Did not see one runner today.

Take care of those feet Mitch.

Zl, we are very spoiled fair weather, city runners, not hardy pacific northwesterners Smile

Zelanie

Mitch- Sorry you had a tough run.  Hope your recovery goes well.

I've got the Blerch big time.  It's cold and Idon'twanna go out in it!  Midwinter, I'd be jumping for joy about weather like this!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

DD did not run well today But it's hard when you are running against Sara Baxter, the top hs runner in the country. Here is a picture of her going up Poop Out. Notice how no one is I even close? She is like Secretariat. Wow, what a runner!

Sloooow.

Afternoon, all. 3 pitiful miles for me. I'm very disheartened and not looking forward to the 10K. Fed up of surgery and sickness set backs, I just don't bounce back from time off.

tracilynn

Coralie so sorry. "Race day magic" will get you through that 10k. Just look at it as a fun easy run, nice and slow.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Can you tell I was in PAIN?

SheCan

Afternoon, all. 3 pitiful miles for me. I'm very disheartened and not looking forward to the 10K. Fed up of surgery and sickness set backs, I just don't bounce back from time off.

((((((((((( Coralie ))))))))))))))))   We all get discouraged sometimes, and you've really had a lot to deal with.  I wish I could send you some healing vibes.  Take care of yourself and maybe a new day will help.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

3 is better than zero, even if they weren't good. Keep at girl, you'll get through this.

hog4life

Jack, that Poop Out looks evil!

Finished the 10-mile Monster Dash this morning in 1:40:47 and I've been really sick since. It's hard to replenish nutrients when you can't keep anything down! I'm starting to feel better. I'll get that race report (with pictures) up soon.