Beginners and Beyond

We Run/Ride On Sundailies, Too. (Read 35 times)

Coastal

Aw, but next time you could be seven seconds off in the other direction!  You know you’re curious...

+1  

sdWhiskers

Aw, but next time you could be seven seconds off in the other direction!  You know you’re curious...

Ha! Part of me wants to sign up for another one next weekend, while the other part says I'm f'ing done.

LRB

5ks are to road racing what Monday is to days of the week; loathed and underappreciated.

LRB

I ran 18 with 8 easy, 8 “MP,” 2 easy.  Those “MP” miles varied from 7:16 to 7:42, so I still have no idea what MP is.  But at least I’m pretty sure the 4%s won’t chew up my toes, and now I can largely retire to the AlterG until Boston.

I might have missed it, where are you staying?

LRB

Yo runners.

Amazing how long my shoes last now.  

I wish we had your weather here today.

LRB

Saw The Shape of Water yesterday. It was really good, although not for everyone.

Got my 20 done. Back still sore, and felt it pretty much the entire time, but it held up well enough I guess. Pace-wise it went as well as I could have possibly expected; pretty worried after how painfully slow yesterday was, but I guess that's how recovery runs work.

67 for the week.

What would you compare it to?

Nice job putting in #workworkworkworkwork

bluerun

Super B****

I might have missed it, where are you staying?

Likely going to end up crashing with my teammate’s sister... a bunch of us were supposed to get an Airbnb but the person who was taking care of it... didn’t.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

What would you compare it to?

Imagine a cross between Splash, The Green Mile, and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Dave

Oh, and racing 5k's is a blast. Pain level is high, but compared to longer distances, it's over so quickly.

Dave

I ran 18 with 8 easy, 8 “MP,” 2 easy.  Those “MP” miles varied from 7:16 to 7:42, so I still have no idea what MP is.  But at least I’m pretty sure the 4%s won’t chew up my toes, and now I can largely retire to the AlterG until Boston.

Onemile already gave you your MP. I already gave you a more specific goal. Now just go do it.

Dave

GinnyinPA

I haven't done a 5k in a few years. I've been thinking it might be fun to see how I do after just training for long races the past four years.

Bluerun - that's irritating. Any real excuse/apology?

I ran my last 20, which turned out to be 21 since I still had a little energy left. It was a cold windy day, with some snow flurries the first hour, then sunshine for the rest of the run.

I ran my last 20, which turned out to be 21 since I still had a little energy left. 

Wow, how does that happen?

Dave

LRB

bluerun

Super B****

Onemile already gave you your MP. I already gave you a more specific goal. Now just go do it.

Oh, but this complicates matters.  Apparently I'm supposed to positive split, so if I'm supposed to do that anyway, I can go out stupid fast, right?!  (Seriously, I'm torn between being relatively sensible and just going for something ridiculous.  Then again, I'm not sure what would be ridiculous, and what I think is sensible may actually be ridiculous, so...)

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun - that's irritating. Any real excuse/apology?

I ran my last 20, which turned out to be 21 since I still had a little energy left. It was a cold windy day, with some snow flurries the first hour, then sunshine for the rest of the run.

Nope, and I wonder what SHE'S going to do now, but I guess that's not my problem, right?

That sounds amazing.  The energy part, not the snow part.  I'm so over that.

chasing the impossible