Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES and The Worm (Read 24 times)

LRB

I've come to the realization that if I don't get out and run during the early part of the morning, I don't get out and run. So then, let's see if we can make this thing happen...

Cyberic

19 miles with 3 x (2K / 2min) First one moderate, second one moderate-hard, and third one hard. First structured run on the flat in a few months. Of course a quarter inch of snow had to fall during the night just to make sure we (RP and I) weren't 100% confident in our footing, but it went very well. I decided to empty the gas tank with 400m to go, and then I ran out of gas before the end, looked at my watch and had 250m to go. Started laughing at how long 400m can be.

8:52, 8:35 and 8:02 on the 2Ks. A bit slow given the effort I was putting in, but not bad.

Cyberic

I've come to the realization that if I don't get out and run during the early part of the morning, I don't get out and run. So then, let's see if we can make this thing happen...

I might be more consistent than you, but I feel the same way you do. The later it gets in the day, the less interested in running I become.

3 stream grade + 1.33 roadcrown hill with

4mi wife walk around Accotink in between the two.

Also my odd lightly weighted leg lifts to work the stringy things in the back of the right leg... an expanded version of what my PT had me doing.  I feel absolutely nothing when I do the with the left leg, but all sorts of stringy things when going the right leg.  I do the lifts right after my little roadcrown runs as they seem to be stressing the same strings.

16 miles with the running group. Those fuckers started at 6:30 instead of 7:00, but I was stupid enough to show up anyway.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have two races this weekend and I wasn't going to go, but my husband threw me out of the bed yesterday and said, go run so I did.

This was basically a supported run from the Carmel Marathon group called the Five Mile Tune Up. I ran/walked it but my heart wasn't in it. It was nice to be out there and getting some sun and air though.

I might lift tonight.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hiya!  I hit the bike trainer early this morning for an easy 90 minute workout.  I am headed to the pool in a little while for a rare weekend swim, since triathlon season is on the horizon and I need to get some swim work done.

<3

sdWhiskers

Me too

sdWhiskers

Those fuckers started at 6:30 instead of 7:00, but I was stupid enough to show up anyway.

I've been meeting RP at 615am, which is later than he'd like 

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. Getting to the time of year where 45 degrees feels warm because of the sun.

sdWhiskers

14 miles with RP on a beautiful partly cloudy day.

At mile ~13, we ran through a makeshift finish line with maybe 20 people cheering us on, lol. There was a guy who I'm guessing was running a solo marathon and this seemed like the halfway point with his friends/family supporting his crazy. He passed us just before the tape but he didn't stop.

I've been meeting RP at 615am, which is later than he'd like 

We usually meet at a lake that has a 3-mile path going around it. So often some people will meet at 6:30 to do a loop around the lake before hooking up with others at 7:00, then everyone heads out together. I had no intention of showing up at 6:30, but I woke up at 4:30 anyway so figured why not. IDK why people feel the need to start so early on the weekend. One guy said he had to be home by 9:45. I’m like, who are these people who actually have things to do? This run is the only thing I ever have on my schedule on weekends.

Dave

sdWhiskers

We usually meet at a lake that has a 3-mile path going around it. So often some people will meet at 6:30 to do a loop around the lake before hooking up with others at 7:00, then everyone heads out together. I had no intention of showing up at 6:30, but I woke up at 4:30 anyway so figured why not. IDK why people feel the need to start so early on the weekend. One guy said he had to be home by 9:45. I’m like, who are these people who actually have things to do? This run is the only thing I ever have on my schedule on weekends.

Pre-Covid, I was running at 430-5am weekdays so meeting RP at 6am Sat was sleeping in   RP has small kids so getting home earlier is better, from a wife-being-ok-with-him-running perspective. We also like to run in areas that will be crazy crowded later in the morning (like by the beaches), which matters now but also before the pandemic. For example, running before 8am decreases our chances of getting hit by cyclists.

But I'm like you, I come home, shower, eat and then lie in bed for awhile.

Pre-Covid, I was running at 430-5am weekdays so meeting RP at 6am Sat was sleeping in   RP has small kids so getting home earlier is better, from a wife-being-ok-with-him-running perspective. We also like to run in areas that will be crazy crowded later in the morning (like by the beaches), which matters now but also before the pandemic. For example, running before 8am decreases our chances of getting hit by cyclists.

But I'm like you, I come home, shower, eat and then lie in bed for awhile.

I usually eat before I shower, then sit in my recliner most of the day. 

But we also run in some areas that would be more heavily trafficked later in the day, during non-COVID times.

Dave

I usually eat before I shower, then sit in my recliner most of the day.  

Today however I do have to mow the lawn, because I cannot put it off any longer.

Dave