Beginners and Beyond

It's ThursDAILIES, in case you weren't aware (Read 50 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I miss the other one though.

That is not how a sleepy face looks.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

That is not how a sleepy face looks.

No, which is why we rarely see it.

Baboon

delicate flower

Work today.

<3

DavePNW

About yesterday's discussion about the Wednesday MLR... I think it's pretty cool if you don't have to wake up at 4! I would not do that. Maybe some day I'll change my mind, but for now it's a no-no.

Well I sort of realized I won't really be able to get up before 4, even if I wanted to. Getting up at 4 will get me to the gym near work where I run from by 5, and that's when they open. I could theoretically just park there, leave my stuff in the car and run, but I really don't want to miss out on a pre-run bathroom trip. So it will have to be 4 and then maybe be a little late to work some days.

I don't think I could go to bed at 7. But 9 I'm good with.

7 easy. Some portions of the trail were covered with a very thin layer of ice. Managed to avoid falling on my ass, or knee.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Seriously?  You go to bed at 7pm so you can get up at 3am to run?

I'm not sure if I go to bed at 7 so I can get up at 2:30-3:00, or if I get up early because I went to bed at 7.

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Random question: if I pause an activity on my 620, and it goes into timeout mode before I save it... what happens to the workout?  (I'd explain why I'm asking but that's a long story. )

chasing the impossible

LRB

Random question: if I pause an activity on my 620, and it goes into timeout mode before I save it... what happens to the workout?  (I'd explain why I'm asking but that's a long story. )

Had this with my 410 and you could pick-up the run where you left off the next day, or save it. Not sure if this applies to the 620 so I suppose I didn't answer your question. lol

bluerun

Super B****

Had this with my 410 and you could pick-up the run where you left off the next day, or save it. Not sure if this applies to the 620 so I suppose I didn't answer your question. lol

No, it did not!!  I suppose I could just test it by turning it on, leaving it lying around for an hour, and then coming back to it to see what happens... but it's easier if someone just tells me.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

No, it did not!!  I suppose I could just test it by READING THE OWNER'S MANUAL.

FYP. Although I would never do that either.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

FYP. Although I would never do that either.

I did read the owner's manual.  It didn't address the issue!

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

I did read the owner's manual.  It didn't address the issue!

I believe that. Their owner's manuals generally suck.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Love my garmin.

Dorian is now learning Spanish, he really likes the Rock & Learn Spanish dvd, started watching it last night and is already liking the numbers section, he can say 1-10 in Spanish pretty good.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I'm not sure if I go to bed at 7 so I can get up at 2:30-3:00, or if I get up early because I went to bed at 7.

I would much rather do the run from 7pm-9pm and sleep from 10-6.

LRB

No, it did not!!  I suppose I could just test it by turning it on, leaving it lying around for an hour, and then coming back to it to see what happens... but it's easier if someone just tells me.

Why would you have to wait an hour? As soon as you get the signal, there will either be zeroes on the screen (as in a new run), or your unsaved run.

DavePNW

I would much rather do the run from 7pm-9pm and sleep from 10-6.

I wasn't always a morning runner, but I think I started in the summer to take advantage of the cooler temps, and somehow it stuck. Still think it's the best time to avoid conflict with any other activities. Other than sleep, which is overrated.

Dave