Beginners and Beyond

Wake up WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Well I did some Vo2max work this morning.  Was gonna do 1:30/1:30 fartleks but decided on some low volume 400's instead.

8mi w/ 6X400/1:30JR Ran em at 5k effort (splits: 1:27,28,25,28,25,27) Not very difficult but can definitely feel the loss in fitness from being injured. This was a bit of a test for my hip flexor as well. It felt fine doing them but is a little sore afterwards. Should be 100% pretty soon.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Thinking 8/5 easy aerobic today and weights. Smile

Jay: Nice work, and a little more easy time and you'll be good to go. Smile

bluerun

Super B****

It is quite poetic that I ran 8.1 miles on day #8 to make this (GPS was doing SO WELL until the last two):

It was actually not supposed to be 8 (I ran 8.1 because Strava steals the last .1 without fail), but when I mapped it out, I neglected to account for the flames, and I got back to my house at around 7.5.  How would I NOT run another half mile to make it 8?!

Also poetic, in that in rhymes: I ran those 8 in the Levitate.  I'm confused by these shoes.  When you pick them up in your hands they feel really heavy, but when you put them on your feet they ... don't.

And I have a bruise on my leg.  At least, I assume I do, because it FEELS like a bruise, even though I can't see any.  Which is possible, even if I don't remember doing anything to cause it (climbing is out because I haven't been there in nearly two weeks, though I get to go back tonight, YAY!) ... but I hope it's a bruise because bruises are better than breaks.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

YOU CAN CHANGE THE DISTANCE ON STRAVA NOW!!

chasing the impossible

YOU CAN CHANGE THE DISTANCE ON STRAVA NOW!!

When you can change race placings, we'll talk.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

People have been begging for this for at least five years, so you're in for a long wait.

chasing the impossible

Lol

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 11 with 5 @ MP but I also have a deposition all day, so we'll see if I don't need to switch with tomorrow.

Damaris

zzyzx

mixed bag day. abs, vertical chest, standing calf, triceps, 10 minutes on the bike, 20 on the elliptical.

RunningOnSand

Fast 5k on the TM today b/c ... icy roads! It almost felt not worth it b/c it was so quick, but I complained to my coach about being exhausted from moving and I suppose that a 5k is better than 0k. Oh, and I ran in my new Ghosts on Monday. I liked them a whole lot. I can see why the copious amounts of love have been poured onto them by you forumites.

Blue, I do that, too (running a little extra to get to whatever OCD number I have in my head). 

Jay, glad to hear your hip flexor is getting better.

hog4life

No running for me today. I am painting the master bedroom, which is the last room!! I hate painting, but suppose I saved myself a bunch of money versus hiring someone.

Back in the summer, I replaced a timing belt and water pump on my little Hyundai work car. There are some things that I just will not tackle though.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I've spent most of the last three work days in meetings, which oddly enough have been very interesting and I have enjoyed them.  Real work stuff too, not some fluffy HR-type team building crap.  Still dealing with a shin injury, and my week off from running will likely extend into a second week.  While I'd much rather be able to run than not be able to run, I am surprised to find myself not missing it at this point.  Then again it's only been four days, plus I am still biking and swimming.

2000 yard swim before work, easy spin on the bike trainer to do after work.

<3

While I'd much rather be able to run than not be able to run, I am surprised to find myself not missing it at this point. 

Can't really say the same here.

30 min on the gym bike this morning, then a full mile slow jog on the treadmill. I guess a positive sign that I didn't have to immediately abort. but it's not real comfortable. I have no pain at all on the bike; elliptical isn't that much less painful than the treadmill, so screw that.

Dave

delicate flower

Can't really say the same here.

30 min on the gym bike this morning, then a full mile slow jog on the treadmill. I guess a positive sign that I didn't have to immediately abort. but it's not real comfortable. I have no pain at all on the bike; elliptical isn't that much less painful than the treadmill, so screw that.

I can understand that.  For me the swimming and biking is still actual race training.

<3

Cyberic

Fast 5k on the TM today b/c ... icy roads!

Ran to work on icy roads and sidewalks. Screws under the shoes do the job.

With my cold, I'm not running anything close to a workout, so the least I can do is run 7 miles a day, split in 2 runs.