Beginners and Beyond

DTR Endurance 50K: Docket's First Ultra (Long with Pics).... (Read 197 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Congratulations, Docket!  Sounds like a pretty brutal race.  Heat, pounding sun, black flies, sand in shoes, tough dunes, river crossings.  Can't say I envy that!  LOL

<3

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Nice work!  That's a lot of asthma symptom free miles...maybe you are on to something!  I've heard 50 milers can cure asthma Joking.  Congrats on the first ultra...definitely a nice addition to an already impressive running career.

**Ask me about streaking**

Pinktastic

What a race!   Congrats, Damaris!!!    That course sounds awful, but you SUCCEEDED!!   Way to go!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

...Heat, pounding sun, black flies, sand in shoes, tough dunes, river crossings.

To a Bad Ass such as D though that reads as; pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers and blue diamonds.  It just made her hungry - lol!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hehe.

I am already looking at options for next April....

Damaris

LRB

I believe it!

BruceD555

I hate flies ... that is all I have to say about that one.

Awesome job on a brutal day and course. Congrats on the first (of many) ultras!

Train smart ... race smarter.

Crazy awesome girl!!! I am very impressed!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Crazy awesome girl!!! I am very impressed!

FIFY!

Damn, D you are definitely off to the races.  You've got some kind of endurance gene that I just definitely do not have.  That's a long jaunt from the corn cob / watermelon wars!

Big grin

Randy

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Wow, sounds like a tough course.  Congratulations on finishing your first ultra!

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha.  I wish Van would do one of those monthly challenges again!

FIFY!

Damn, D you are definitely off to the races.  You've got some kind of endurance gene that I just definitely do not have.  That's a long jaunt from the corn cob / watermelon wars!

Big grin

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, guys.  I'm still pumped.  And Banshee's RR is not really helping, bahaha.

redrum, I've know about my endurance for quite a while.  So long as I run slow enough that my asthma does not rise, I can run for hours.  This race just proved it, ha.

Damaris

Congratulations, D.  What an adventure that must have been.  I can't imagine running an ultra through terrain and conditions like that, something right out of an Indiana Jones movie.

Great job being tough the whole way.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

congrats on making the cutoff and your first ultra!

monkkey

Awesome job!

I think on our Fast Company race schedule, it says this is the "DTF" Endurance Run.

Which made me laugh every time I saw it, because I have the brain of a 13 year old.