Beginners and Beyond

DTR Endurance 50K: Docket's First Ultra (Long with Pics).... (Read 197 times)

Snickers1230

Great job!  You totally are a Bad Ass!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Love the Half

Every time I read a report like this, I get reminded of why I am not nor will I ever be a fan of trail runs.  I don't like getting muddy and I don't like getting wet and I fucking hate sand.  I am not at all certain I would have finished this race.  Bitchin'

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bahaha.  Especially since the race is called Down To Run, just changed the F and go....

Awesome job!

I think on our Fast Company race schedule, it says this is the "DTF" Endurance Run.

Which made me laugh every time I saw it, because I have the brain of a 13 year old.

Thanks, guys!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I thought the same.  However, why am I looking for another one already?

Every time I read a report like this, I get reminded of why I am not nor will I ever be a fan of trail runs.  I don't like getting muddy and I don't like getting wet and I fucking hate sand.  I am not at all certain I would have finished this race.  Bitchin'

Damaris

bobruns

You are an animal!

You were so close to me.  I wish I knew you were going to be there!  Seriously I only live a couple miles from that park.  Was Mike The race director?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didn't know.  The name I know is Lac Photos but I think his name is Mike.

You are an animal!

You were so close to me.  I wish I knew you were going to be there!  Seriously I only live a couple miles from that park.  Was Mike The race director?

Damaris

happylily

LOL...

I kinda feel the same way. Although I love me some sand, but only when I'm wearing a bikini, with a cold drink in hand. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hell, I hate the sand with the passion of a thousand suns.....

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

bobruns, are you doing the Women for Women 10K again this year?  I am in!

Damaris

Goorun

Finally got chance to read the whole RR.

It just confirms my believe that ultra runners are crazy and now you are one of them.

Great pics and you look way to good for someone who just finished 50k on a crazy trail. Deep sand is the worst for running. That could do a number on your calves and achillies.

Smile +1 on the pre-race martini too you ultra runner you.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Big grin

Damaris

Big grin

next Feb do you races on your schedule?

here is one that might be fun.

http://www.tejastrails.com/Rocky50.html

if you do it, I will do it.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I already have a marathon in February and I need more time to convince my husband about destination ultras.  Give me time....

It will happen, though.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So long as it has no sand, I'm in.

Ultra Running magazine categorized my race as 3/2 on surface/terrain (or vice versa, not sure).  I cannot imagine a 4/4 or 4/5!

Damaris

So long as it has no sand, I'm in.

Ultra Running magazine categorized my race as 3/2 on surface/terrain (or vice versa, not sure).  I cannot imagine a 4/4 or 4/5!

i dont think there is any sand, just roots and flat trail. I think that red sparkle did her first 100 on the rocky raccoon course.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas