Beginners and Beyond

Wet MonDAILIES (Read 23 times)

Cyberic

Rain. We have been spared so far this winter, but it's been raining since yesterday. Oh well...

Been seriously soggy in the mid-Atlantic including today.

2.5 stream grade

delicate flower

'Monday!!  At the place I swim, you need to jump on those early pool reservations as soon as they open up, and I waited 45 minutes to call last Friday, so I could not get a lane this morning.  Shit fills up fast!  So instead, I did 75 minutes easy on the bike trainer.  I need to run today too...probably early afternoon.

Also, one year ago today I ran a 19:51 5K and I have not raced since.  If someone told me then that I would not race again for at least a year, I'd have wondered what kind of terrible injury or sickness I would get.  And since I have gotten neither, I suppose not racing isn't the worst thing that could happen.

<3

onemile

Rain. We have been spared so far this winter, but it's been raining since yesterday. Oh well...

it should melt the snow though?

Cyberic

Yeah but... for a road runner rain is good, as it clears the roads fast, but for a sidewalks and parks runner like me, rain in the winter generates icy surfaces, big lakes of water, makes the hard packed snow loose and soft... One of my least favorite weather conditions.

Cyberic

I don't know if you have the same machines we do for sidewalks snow removal. In Montreal, when it's snowing, every sidewalk in the city is cleared a couple of times per day with these machines. https://youtu.be/GpEwpiM1las   They can also spray sand and salt behind them.

Also, one year ago today I ran a 19:51 5K and I have not raced since.  If someone told me then that I would not race again for at least a year, I'd have wondered what kind of terrible injury or sickness I would get.  And since I have gotten neither, I suppose not racing isn't the worst thing that could happen.

Yep. Although New Year’s Day was my anniversary. I had planned to do a HM the first weekend of March that got canceled. A lot of COVID-versaries coming up; the first week of March is when shit went down. 

8 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Busy day here with three things all coming at once. I have 7 and Pilates tonight.

Damaris

Not before turning everything into a big mess of slush!

Dave

delicate flower

Connecticut is now booking Covid shots for people 55 and up.  Appointments are for the end of April/beginning of May.  Kind of sucks that it is so far out, but I guess I can't complain too much seeing how many states aren't anywhere near that.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not before turning everything into a big mess of slush!

That depends. If it rains a lot it just clears it up. At least that's what happened here.

We finally got the snow blower we ordered from Menards. Great timing, though. It will wait another year to be of use.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

A lot of COVID-versaries coming up; the first week of March is when shit went down. 

My kid's birthday is in a few weeks, never would have thought we'd make it back around to have another one during Covid. Or that a year would pass and he wouldn't step foot inside a classroom.

sdWhiskers

Ran through a few sprinklers, that's as wet as it gets here. 6 miles that actually felt good, with HR in my normal easy range.

That depends. If it rains a lot it just clears it up.

Look who's an expert on winter conditions now! 

Dave

Cyberic

Look who's an expert on winter conditions now! 

Who would have thought?