Beginners and Beyond

Week 31: Penguins are kicking back with a paperback! (07/29-08/04) (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is paperback book day, and as someone with (probably) far too many paperback books, today is my day!!  My folks have mostly swapped out their paperbacks for hardbacks, which I don't get.  It's not like they would really last all that much longer, as often as I re-read books, and they're cheaper to replace with another paperback when they fall apart!  But hey, my folks are weird.

I didn't quite get a dry ride out on Friday, but mostly.  The storm started up as I was near the car, and was just getting started as I loaded up.  This morning was a drizzly ride in.  And will probably be a wet ride out.  Eh, no biggie, except that my feet slip around on the pedals a little, so I have to be prepared for that.

Had a dentist appt this morning.  Look, Ma, no cavities! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can imagine the rain being a pain on the pedals.  Glad you didn't get too wet.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - good job riding your bike despite the rain. How far is it?  I also like paperbacks because they're small and light. We go to a lot of used bookstores and book sales and pick up a bunch. Unfortunately, it's hard to find stores that will trade any more, so most of the time I end up donating them to the library eventually.

D - have fun with your 7 this evening. No Pilates or OT?

Today is a rest day, but I may run after it stops raining because it's cool and cloudy. Humid, but dew points are in the 60s, not 70s. Unfortunately, I'm low on sleep thanks to houseguests last night that woke up very early. Energy is low.

Singer who runs a smidge

HM - good job riding your bike despite the rain. How far is it?  I also like paperbacks because they're small and light. We go to a lot of used bookstores and book sales and pick up a bunch. Unfortunately, it's hard to find stores that will trade any more, so most of the time I end up donating them to the library eventually.

D - have fun with your 7 this evening. No Pilates or OT?

Today is a rest day, but I may run after it stops raining because it's cool and cloudy. Humid, but dew points are in the 60s, not 70s. Unfortunately, I'm low on sleep thanks to houseguests last night that woke up very early. Energy is low.

Not nearly far enough to justify all the huffing and puffing and sweating I do!!  So I'm just going to blatantly lie and say it's 12 miles.  Yeah, that sounds good.  Or 15.  One way, of course!

Singer who runs a smidge

And looking at my own title, what on earth is a "pengujin"?  How do I edit that?

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, ok, figured that one out. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, ok, figured that one out. 

LOL.  I was about to say...

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, my cycling seems to be shot for the week.  It's 80-90% chance of rain every day for the rest of the week, with afternoon thunderstorms.  I don't mind riding in a drizzle, but would prefer not to ride in a downpour.  And thunderstorms are right out.  I have somewhere to be Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evening after work this week, so I wouldn't have time to sit out a storm, either.  Well, next week looks better.  Woo-hoo!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

HopesMom, ugh.  Hoping you can get back to it soon.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - sorry about the rainy week. Maybe go for a walk at lunchtime?

D - Have fun at Pilates today.

RD for me, though I could go out with the Beer Runners this evening if it isn't raining. We have to take Ben to the vet as he has developed a weird raw spot under his ear. It was painful enough he didn't finish his breakfast, which he never does.  Trying to hold him still while the doctor examines him is likely to provide some serious strength training.

Singer who runs a smidge

Of course it's been dry all day ... 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Of course it's been dry all day ... 

Of course....

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 7 with 2 @ 10K pace tonight.

BP is still high so hubby is adding a second medication.  At least the one he switched me to last week have had very few side effects.  Hoping the next one does not screw up with my running.

Damaris