Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday (Read 41 times)

sdWhiskers

Ha. Please don't make me post that GR photo.

Let's see it!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think Dave should post the photo.

Damaris

zzyzx

Abs, shoulder, and triceps along with 30 solid but non amazing exercise bike minutes.

I like this photo from my weekend race right after I crossed the finish line. I have the "why do I run this course?" look.

Image may contain: 2 people, including David Steinberg, people standing and outdoor

DavePNW

Has your hamstring been contributing to the suckage or is it just not feeling good in general?

Been feeling a twinge here & there, but don't think I can really blame it. My pace vs. effort has just been totally out of whack ever since coming back from my downtime back in December.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I like this photo from my weekend race right after I crossed the finish line. I have the "why do I run this course?" look.

HA, that's an interesting pic.  You've got on a warm top, warm pants, and warm hat, yet your hands are exposed.  The hands are the first thing I have to keep warm.  I have many runs in shorts, t-shirt, and gloves.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

PS, Boston corrals are available if you check the entry list

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I think Dave should post the photo.

OK we'll see...I think it's saved on my iPad, which is at home, so will have to wait till later.

Dave

onemile

Been feeling a twinge here & there, but don't think I can really blame it. My pace vs. effort has just been totally out of whack ever since coming back from my downtime back in December.

Hmm. Hopefully things will turn around.

DavePNW

Hmm. Hopefully things will turn around.

Indeed. I just have no earthly idea what to target for my half.

Dave

onemile

Indeed. I just have no earthly idea what to target for my half.

Start at PR pace and adjust based on how that feels?

DavePNW

Start at PR pace and adjust based on how that feels?

I will more likely go the other way - start slow, and see how much I can pick it up. If I can go sub-1:40, it'll be an accomplishment.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I will more likely go the other way - start slow, and see how much I can pick it up. If I can go sub-1:40, it'll be an accomplishment.

I bet you'll surprise yourself in a good way. Sure, you had a down month, and likely lost some v02max, but your base has consistently stayed strong over the long-term, and your legs have memory.

Blue, are you in Israel already?

ZZY, that's an awesome photo. Big grin

I ran 6 on the TM.

Cyberic

I would go in between. I'd start at a pace yielding a time I'd love to run, given the last little while, and adjust on how I feel

GinnyinPA

PS, Boston corrals are available if you check the entry list

As expected, I'm in the 4th wave, first corral.

Good luck with your marathon. I hope your body behaves, and that you enjoy the race.

9.2 for me today.

LRB

As expected, I'm in the 4th wave, first corral.

Good luck with your marathon. I hope your body behaves, and that you enjoy the race.

9.2 for me today.

Hopefully the sun parks behind a cloud during your race, as there is no shade on that course...or very little.