Beginners and Beyond

Slothful Saturdailies (Read 41 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Here it is 8:30 or abouts and no daily yet. Almost have company for a long run today, but he got sick yesterday abnd had to cancel. Maybe next Saturday. Going to try back to back long runs, the second today, but I'm not optimistic about it since yesterday was a real struggle.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Slothful describes how I feel, but I am heading anyway. Of course it snowed again, but I am not getting on that treadmill. I need to get out of here.

No more marathons

Only in Asheville.  Someone is writing fake parking tickets with a bar code.  If you scan the code it takes you to a you tube video of  (drum roll)

Rick Astley's "Never gonna give you up"   Yep - Rick Rolling in a whole new way.

I've got a 4 mile race that I'm still wavering on in about 2 hours.  Looks like perfect weather.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.3 easy miles.  I am now headed to do the eating and grocery thing with DW.  I must be old, because I enjoy our Saturday trips to the store.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.  Allergies are bad today for some reason, yuck.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Woke up at 5am with a horrible calf cramp--the type where you stretch and then have to do everything in your power not to scream and wake up everyone. Still somewhat tender. Trying to decide if I should attempt a run or not.

From the Internet.

Woke up at 5am with a horrible calf cramp--the type where you stretch and then have to do everything in your power not to scream and wake up everyone. Still somewhat tender. Trying to decide if I should attempt a run or not.

Ooh my calves are having sympathy pain just thinking about that. If it's tender at all I'd skip the run, try again tomorrow if it feels better.

Planned 10 mile long run turned into 8.3ish at 8:39 average pace with the club. Whoops. That was a bit of a workout. Shocked that I kept up and didn't feel like crap!

delicate flower

10.2 miles at 7:10 pace.

<3

Ric-G

15 this morning...now a blueberry pop tart(?) don't know why but it tasted good...

still blue - parking tix and rick astley - only in america

have a great saturday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

No more marathons

Race this morning - Oskar Blues 4 miler. I won my age group in this race two years ago with a time of 28:03. Today's time was a minute slower and I was smoked by a 62 year old who ran a 24:03. That's a 6 minute pace for a 62 year old male. Holy Shite! Overall winning time was 19:10 - WHAAAAT? Sub 5 minute miles.  Not too shabby for a little local race.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Race this morning - Oskar Blues 4 miler. I won my age group in this race two years ago with a time of 28:03. Today's time was a minute slower and I was smoked by a 62 year old who ran a 24:03. That's a 6 minute pace for a 62 year old male. Holy Shite! Overall winning time was 19:10 - WHAAAAT? Sub 5 minute miles.  Not too shabby for a little local race.

Geezus!

delicate flower

Race this morning - Oskar Blues 4 miler.

Post-race offerings must have been satisfactory.  Smile

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 very easy miles. Calf felt OK.

Cyberic

Only in Asheville.  Someone is writing fake parking tickets with a bar code.  If you scan the code it takes you to a you tube video of  (drum roll)

Rick Astley's "Never gonna give you up"  

Good one! 

Cyberic

10.2 miles at 7:10 pace.

Good workout!