Beginners and Beyond

Stop Lurking & Start Posting SaturDAILIES (Read 298 times)

Anomalous

Well, my race got screwed within 25 seconds when this bitch cut up in front and hit me with her back leg. I went down hard. Knee is bad. :-(

Disapprove

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Went to watch a movie with DH, buy cat food and litter, go leave my car at the dealer to be serviced and now off to do grocery shopping.  As you can see, the knee has gotten a lot of rest!

DH looked at it and he does not believe the patella is broken.  The fact that I'm not cursing is a good sign.  But it's all bloody and it will be swollen and purple for a few days.  Bah.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Big grin

Lurking Penguin

Weezer88

The loop was a struggle - at least the last 3 miles were.  The temps were colder and winds were stronger than I thought and we hit a headwind for the last 3.  Finished 13.44 in 1:49 and change.  It was days like today when I wish I had my TM operational (can't use it as we're having the basement finished and it's all covered up).

And the group was doing sub-8:00's the entire loop - I started in front but was eventually passed by everyone!  Maybe I need to find a slower group?

I AM WEEZER.

Alright, alright, already....it's been a good 2 years since I posted in the dailies.    Trying to come back from a crappy summer with a bum right leg and a gain of about 15-20 lbs - blech!

5.12 miles for me today at 9:45 pace.  Felt goood.

Weezer, that's a nice azz you have there.

D., hope the knee is okay!

You can call me Anna

Ended up with my longest run to date.......6 3/4 miles in the snow and ice on the bike trail.......was a bit treacherous at times but made it home without twisting my ankle!

man this running feels good!

Going for 5 this after noon as long as the ice is gone And then gym later. 

Son's working.....wife and daughter going to see Wicked in St Louis..........going to be a quite afternoon! :-).

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

Alright, alright, already....it's been a good 2 years since I posted in the dailies.

That's funny.  Welcome back!

Wassup Jerry and Anomalous!

Way to come home safe Spark!

Gotta check that out jjs!

runmomto3boys

LRB: Wowzers!  Great job with the 3.4!  That's fantastic!  Did it feel awesome to run outside?

Damaris: Ohhh, man...that sucks.  What a race!  I'm glad your hubby doesn't think it's a break - shew!

SIAR: Fantastic job on the 13 today.  That trail run sounds AWESOME!  I can't wait to hear all about it!  Your running store is amazeballs. I wish we had something comparable here.  Incredible!  I was not doing enough of a recovery last cycle.  I am trying to make it a point to slow down on my recovery runs so I can run my other runs a little faster.  That plan was working well until the snow hit! Now, I'm just trying to get use to it!  Today's run was better, though.  It is just an adjustment, like anything!

Kristin: Welcome!  I'm glad you de-lurked!  It sounds like you have a heck of a rest day planned!

Luke: Niiiice job on the 5.2!  I love that 3x temp is "freezing!"  It is definitely all relative.  That 6 degree run I had this AM: SUCKED.

Mitch: I hope the 9-10 miler today goes well!

Jneilt: Enjoy your RD!

April: Nice job on the 4!  I'm glad that the cake balls were a huge hit!

Purple Toes: WOOT, WOOT to a 4 day weekend!  That is fantastic - there's nothing better!!!!  I hope the run goes well!

Jerry!  Hi!  You are no penguin, though - I saw your paces on DM.  You and your speedy wife are getting SO fast!

David: Wow!  You have a fast ole group there, for sure, but you are a fast guy yourself!  You could hang with them any other day - today just was one of those bad runs...  Don't fret!  And you got the miles in, so yay for that!

Rkymtna (or something!): Hi, welcome!!!

Sparker: Congrats on your longest run EVAH!  I love those milestones!!!!  WOOT!  :happy dance:

I got in 10.2 miles for the day, including 7.75 at 8:19 pace this PM.  I had to bag this AM's run b/c I had some pain in the fibular head of my knee. It's not IT band related - just like due to core/camber/shoes and the PT I talked to told me how to tape it and that I should do form drills.  I taped it and went out this PM and it was a ton better (zero issue for 4 miles or so).  It took her a couple of weeks for it to resolve, but she was able to run through it.  It was quite a scare, though, for me.  I am so grateful she walked me through how to take care of it or I would be freaking out since it's my first week of training...

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Did my longest run since the HM last month - 8.62 miles. My watch wouldn't link to  the satellite, but I knew it was about ~2.25 miles to the park. That park has a jogging trail that is 1.5 miles around, so I went around that 3 times and ran home. I used the stopwatch feature on my watch to keep track of my time and ended up with 1:27:35. I then mapped my route and came up with 8.62, which is a 10:09 pace...and my HM pace was 10:22. That pace didn't even feel that hard! I'm kind of excited!!

LRB

LRB: Wowzers!  Great job with the 3.4!  That's fantastic!  Did it feel awesome to run outside?

Not bad T-3 not bad at all.  I was mindful of every crack, crevice or cramp though.  A big ass crow crowed at me too, scared the shit outta me!  I was like of all the days, please don't chase me today!

I have decided to do two a days next spring.  Which of your twice daily runs do you do speed play?

LRB

Hey Flip!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Hi LRB!! Glad to see you're getting some miles in without falling apart. I know what you mean about birds. I panic every time I see those stupid geese on the jogging trail at my park. Those things are MEAN!!!!!

@runjerseygirl

I had a few geese hissing at me on my run Thursday. Nasty little bastards!

Hi LRB!! Glad to see you're getting some miles in without falling apart. I know what you mean about birds. I panic every time I see those stupid geese on the jogging trail at my park. Those things are MEAN!!!!!

Do you even run?

Damaris - Hoping it's just a little swelling, nothing serious.

I went to today, windchill was 28 ( remember I'm a TM boy in the winter LOL ), went 4.5.

LRB

Yeah geese act like they own shit, especially in April and May when momma geese is roasting an egg.  Papa geese is a flippin' psycho!