Beginners and Beyond

To do list SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Cyberic

1:32:57.

That is great! Confidence booster I would guess?

happylily

LRB, your day sounds the best! Enjoy!

Damaris, your day sounds the best, too!  Maybe I missed it, but are you in PR? Coincidentally, I was without internet last night (don't ask, it was terrible and I had withdrawal symptoms...), so I picked up the book you sent me one Christmas on Puerto Rico. Such lovely pictures. I especially loved old San Juan and the beautiful beaches bordered by tall skinny palm trees. Who cares about a few random shootings? Live to the fullest and without fears! :-) Have a great weekend with your family!

Oski, hang in there, snow will soon be a thing of the past (until it's back). I love brunches. Enjoy yours!

Zel, sorry to say this, but your weekend doesn't sound too great. :-( Good luck avoiding all the yucky germs around you and safe drive home!

Half Crazy, I hate closets, so your weekend doesn't appeal to me. But you raced and you sound happy about it, so that's a big plus! Congratulations!

Baboon, holy crap! Congratulations! I'm glad you went for it. Now you have that most important answer to your marathon goal.

OOTB, enjoy the run and the fair! Never been to an Irish fair (though I've been to Ireland). It sounds like fun!

FreeSoul, I hope Rocky is feeling better. Hopefully the medication will help. Good job on the cross-training and weight loss!

Marjorie, how is your speed coming along? You have been training for it pretty consistently lately. Great job!

cjones and Cy, hi guys! What's up?

Me, I have a double today. Just two short recovery runs. Nothing fancy. SO is gone for the weekend (some sort of male bonding thing where they will eat wild boar, drink and shoot guns. Men are such primitive animals...). DS and I have the house to ourselves and we are getting along great.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

cjones1

Decided to move the long run to Sunday since this is the last chance to sleep in on a Saturday for at least two months since kids soccer starts next week. Chilling in the recliner with coffee and a sleeping baby in my lap.  The day is off to a good start.

5 weeks till race day!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Baboon: GREAT RUN! You are ready!

From the Internet.

I ran my first 14 miler this morning Big grin I was coated with a layer of snow by the end, but glad I got it done today so I can rest tomorrow. Plans for the rest of the day include work (where I am now :C ), ESU, take the kid to a birthday party at 5:15, try not to fall asleep while there. Possibly beer and/or martinis with dinner.

From the Internet.

Nice job Baboon!

happylily

Bravo, Lauren! You're in marathon training territory...

cjones1, having a sleeping baby on you is the best thing ever.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

Bravo, Lauren! You're in marathon training territory...

Soon enough!! Big grin I'm counting down the days until registration opens for Philly!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

LRB

The first item on my list is done (I ran 12) and I am in process of completing the second.

Today was the first time I wore those ridiculous looking capris and this just in: I looked ridiculous.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, Lily, and yes!  Puerto Rico!

Damaris

LRB

1.  Congratulate Baboon on absolutely killing his race.  WTG Phil!

2.  Congratulate myself for accomplishing the first thing on my to do list

3.  Go for a run.

4.  Wander around Murphys' Irish Days street fair and drink some beer with DH.

#2 made me laugh out loud. You my dear are witty!

LRB

1:32:57.

lily called that bitch and I seconded it, which makes me her flunky.

Cyberic

Today was the first time I wore those ridiculous looking capris and this just in: I looked ridiculous.

The other day I saw 2 guys running, and the I noticed one of them was wearing capris. I thought of you, and that made me laugh.

Personnally, I don't see the problem with them. I mean if long tights are ok, short tights are ok, then what's wrong with capri tights?

Cyberic

#2 made me laugh out loud. You my dear are witty!