Beginners and Beyond

To do list SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Hip Redux

You are funny!

Sometimes my hip acts an ass and other times it's an actual ass, there is no rhyme or reason.

Discretion is the better part of valor?

Yeah, 'cept at points this week it felt just like it did pre-surgery.   So all sorts of mental fuckerations going on in my head.

LRB

So all sorts of mental fuckerations going on in my head.

And justifiably so.

happylily

Closet cleaning & organziing doesn't appeal to me either. But I am tired of looking at all the boxes in my gym, so I quickly went through some of the boxes and threw some stuff and and chucked the rest back in the closet. Last weekend we took severals bags to Goodwill, soo we did clear out some junk.

Is DH going to shoot the wild boar first? My neighbors, who all seem related, have cabins in Pennsylvania and they go hunting on a regular basis. DH is invited, but never goes, but has split a pig with one of them since they don't have enough freezer space.

I beg you: Come to my house to help me organize my basement! I have boxes in there that have not be opened since we moved here 12 years ago. I'm afraid of what I'd find in there... You are brave!

No, no wild boar hunting. The guys shoot at a gun club. A range, they call it? The only thing my SO has ever shot in his life is a duck and I think he cried after. I know that he did not eat it. He gave it to one of the local hunters.  The wild boar will be served in some fancy restaurant, the guys will be all dressed up, then they will go to one of the single guy's place to drink calvados, smoke cigars and reminisce about their army days. That's what I'm told every year. Either that, or they're lying and they spend the night at a strip joint...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Yeah, 'cept at points this week it felt just like it did pre-surgery.   So all sorts of mental fuckerations going on in my head.

Fuckerations. I love that word!

happylily

Confidence is my strong suit which is why I sometimes dress like a complete idiot when I run. 

Well, confidence looks particularly good on you.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I beg you: Come to my house to help me organize my basement! I have boxes in there that have not be opened since we moved here 12 years ago. I'm afraid of what I'd find in there... You are brave!

No, no wild boar hunting. The guys shoot at a gun club. A range, they call it? The only thing my SO has ever shot in his life is a duck and I think he cried after. I know that he did not eat it. He gave it to one of the local hunters.  The wild boar will be served in some fancy restaurant, the guys will be all dressed up, then they will go to one of the single guy's place to drink calvados, smoke cigars and reminisce about their army days. That's what I'm told every year. Either that, or they're lying and they spend the night at a strip joint...

These boxes are things that we in my parents' house when they moved 16 years ago. As soon as I got married, they brought them all down to me, so 11 years ago. They have sat in the closet since. I found old bank statements & receipts for businesses that no longer exist: Nationsbank, Cellular One, etc.

Yep, gun range, but gun club works too. We call the one 1/2 mile from the house the gun club just cause it sounds better.

Hip Redux

It's like deliberations with a side of WTF.   Big grin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky got his first bath this year, much to his disliking lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Ran the first and last 4 miles of the HM course as an extended shakeout. All country roads.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Commencing yard projects 2015. Can't plant yet but getting beds ready. Did some stone work for the palm tree. Stone around base then stone edge to creat raised bed. Before pic last summer with the pups. After is today. I did the other back beds too but didn't do raised on them. Just redid the stone boarders and weeded.

Marjorie

LRB

She's got some doozies. lol

LRB

Ran the first and last 4 miles of the HM course as an extended shakeout. All country roads.

The pressure level has got to be pretty mild for this event given that it is technically a GMP run yes? Or is your plan to run this bitch like the police are chasing you?

LRB

Commencing yard projects 2015.

I love your pups!

LRB

The only thing my SO has ever shot in his life is a duck and I think he cried after. I know that he did not eat it. He gave it to one of the local hunters. 

I could not shoot an animal. Shit, I once stopped while driving to let a squirrel cross the street only to witness in horror a car coming from the other way run it over without so much as swerving or braking. I felt terrible!

The guys at work are all hunters and make fun of me all of the time, especially given the fact that I am a vegetarian as well.

Like I tell them though, I do not hunt but I am a gun owner. If you're feeling froggish, leap, and see what I do.

LRB

• Run this morning.
                                • ESU this afternoon.
                                • Drink wine this evening.
                                • Love life in the process.

I am killing it yo!