Beginners and Beyond

To do list SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

happylily

These boxes are things that we in my parents' house when they moved 16 years ago. As soon as I got married, they brought them all down to me, so 11 years ago. They have sat in the closet since. I found old bank statements & receipts for businesses that no longer exist: Nationsbank, Cellular One, etc.

Yep, gun range, but gun club works too. We call the one 1/2 mile from the house the gun club just cause it sounds better.

I pity my children if they are left with the burden of emptying our house the day we die or move to an old folks home because we have become senile. We have a large house with a big garage, enormous and cavernous basement and a garden house the size of a small apartment. All three are filled with junk. It's ridiculous.  Maybe if you keep looking you'll find some cash!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job on the yard, Marjorie.

Damaris

happylily

I could not shoot an animal. Shit, I once stopped while driving to let a squirrel cross the street only to witness in horror a car coming from the other way run it over without so much as swerving or braking. I felt terrible!

The guys at work are all hunters and make fun of me all of the time, especially given the fact that I am a vegetarian as well.

Like I tell them though, I do not hunt but I am a gun owner. If you're feeling froggish, leap, and see what I do.

I have absolutely nothing against hunting. But I see nothing wrong either with a man who feels bad about killing animals. I couldn't do it either, so I understand the feeling... OTOH, we all must eat, and some of us don't have the willpower (or the necessary knowledge) to become vegetarians. So thank God for hunters...

We once drove over a squirrel... My SO tried to avoid it, but it was too late, unfortunately. I let out a scream, he yelled "shit!", then we spent the next 30 minutes swearing up and down to the kids that we had NOT run over the poor thing. I don't think they believed us...

happylily

Nice job on the yard, Marjorie.

Yes! I was going to say this. I love the smell of mulch. And it makes everything look so tidy. Great job, Marj! And your babies are looking so cute!

happylily

It's like deliberations with a side of WTF.   Big grin

LOL!

happylily

Rocky got his first bath this year, much to his disliking lol.

Aww, poor baby! I was going to suggest the pool as a form of exercise for him this summer.

Hip Redux

Either we had a skunk mafia trying to make point or a skunk committed hari kari in my yard.  The melting snow revealed a skunk hanging on our garden fence.   It explained why we kept smelling skunk, at least.

So that's my dead animal story. lol

Hip Redux

Run was no bueno.  Groin pain.  So I ran/walked it and then go on my ElliptiGo for a few miles to rid myself of the bad run mojo.

happylily

Either we had a skunk mafia trying to make point or a skunk committed hari kari in my yard.  The melting snow revealed a skunk hanging on our garden fence.   It explained why we kept smelling skunk, at least.

So that's my dead animal story. lol

WTF? That is so weird! And ewww....

Sorry about your run.  But you are definitely trying your best, so that's a win there. I admire your perseverance. Don't give up, the worst part is behind you.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Aww, poor baby! I was going to suggest the pool as a form of exercise for him this summer.

Lol, I don't know if we have any doggie pools here,

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

WTF? That is so weird! And ewww....

Sorry about your run.  But you are definitely trying your best, so that's a win there. I admire your perseverance. Don't give up, the worst part is behind you.

Right? SO GROSS.

And today's run was a whole lot of "Why am I even bothering?"   I mean, seriously, I have two bad hips, one surgically repaired, what's the point?   I have other things I can do that don't cause me to feel like someone is jabbing me in the groin with an ice pick.

happylily

Right? SO GROSS.

And today's run was a whole lot of "Why am I even bothering?"   I mean, seriously, I have two bad hips, one surgically repaired, what's the point?   I have other things I can do that don't cause me to feel like someone is jabbing me in the groin with an ice pick.

With the right exercises, you can only get stronger. There is no reason to give up now. You have done too much already. and in the right direction, to even think about stopping. You're a fighter, like the rest of us. That's why you are here.

Cyberic

19:28

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I am killing it yo!

We expect nothing but perfection from you

Marjorie

happylily

19:28

Ooooh! Nicely done, sir! And what about that 5k?