Beginners and Beyond

To do list SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes! I was going to say this. I love the smell of mulch. And it makes everything look so tidy. Great job, Marj! And your babies are looking so cute!

Thanks everyone. This year is all about getting the back yard nice and put in more landscaping. I will do some things to the front too the back needs some touches this year.

No mulch yet. Not for a few more weeks. I put a ton of mulch so there is still lots left from last year. When it comes it will be 50 big bags of mulch to put out. It takes me a full day to do it.

Marjorie

happylily

Oh shit, Cy, I thought you wrote you had run 19 miles. But you mean you ran a sub-20:00? Bravo!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Thanks everyone. This year is all about getting the back yard nice and put in more landscaping. I will do some things to the front too the back needs some touches this year.

No mulch yet. Not for a few more weeks. I put a ton of mulch so there is still lots left from last year. When it comes it will be 50 big bags of mulch to put out. It takes me a full day to do it.

50 bags of mulch? Holy cow! That would kill my back...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I beg you: Come to my house to help me organize my basement! I have boxes in there that have not be opened since we moved here 12 years ago. I'm afraid of what I'd find in there... You are brave!

No, no wild boar hunting. The guys shoot at a gun club. A range, they call it? The only thing my SO has ever shot in his life is a duck and I think he cried after. I know that he did not eat it. He gave it to one of the local hunters.  The wild boar will be served in some fancy restaurant, the guys will be all dressed up, then they will go to one of the single guy's place to drink calvados, smoke cigars and reminisce about their army days. That's what I'm told every year. Either that, or they're lying and they spend the night at a strip joint...

I love to clean organize. I'm odd that way. I would say I'd drive you a bit nuts but we would get every single square inch tidy and organized. I did that for my mom before she died. The amount of trash and stuff I got her to give away was unbelievable. It took me a week but we did the whole house except the basement and garage. My folks lived in a 4000 sq ft house so it took a lot of time and my mom was a pack rat. Dh and I tackled the basement after she died. Only half of it had to be done as the other half was my dads workshop and I wasn't touching that .  Basement took me only a few hours to do.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes Lily 50 bags. It's a ton of work. We had the mulch delivered via a big pallet last year. That was a lot easier for me then going to get the bags myself. We will do it again this year. Dragging them around to the different beds isn't too bad. I do it all as I want it a certain way. No one else can get it the way I want and Dh is too sloppy.  My dad was so particular about gardening growing up I learned his way and that is what I still do.

Marjorie

happylily

Yes Lily 50 bags. It's a ton of work. We had the mulch delivered via a big pallet last year. That was a lot easier for me then going to get the bags myself. We will do it again this year. Dragging them around to the different beds isn't too bad. I do it all as I want it a certain way. No one else can get it the way I want and Dh is too sloppy.  My dad was so particular about gardening growing up I learned his way and that is what I still do.

I'd love being your neighbor! You could inspire me and give me tips. I used to love gardening and I still would, if running was not taking so much time and energy from me. How you can run high mileage, take care of your dogs AND do that amount of gardening is impressive! You're OCD, btw.  (like most of us, needless to say...)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

10 today.  Very difficult.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

cjones1

19:28

Sweet! Next time drink 2 pints the day before. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Sweet! Next time drink 2 pints the day before. Smile

outoftheblue

Very nice!  That is the next thing on our calendar.  To get a big heap of mulch delivered and spread around the yard.  I always wind up coated with little wood slivers.

Anyway, we are back for  the Irish Fair and appropriately beer-ed up.  I need to wander into the kitchen now and think about dinner.

Life is good.

LRB

I ordered 3 cubic yards of top soil once and about died when I came out of the house and saw a mountain in my driveway. lol

delicate flower

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I ordered 3 cubic yards of top soil once and about died when I came out of the house and saw a mountain in my driveway. lol

So nearly double it. 27 of my bags would be about 3 cu yards if it wasn't bagged and in a big old pile. I'm just short of double your pile o dirt

Marjorie

onemile

Nice time Cyberic!

I ran 8 slow sluggish miles. I guess that's what an overnight flight with very little sleep gets you.