Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAY is for the cheery, the merry and the happy (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

Good morning running people!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Grumble, grumble.  Woke up with a headache so I was unable to run before I started work from home.  Hoping I feel better because I have court this afternoon and it's a big and headache inducing hearing.  Pilates and 6-7 miles tonight.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10 crispy miles on a fine morning.  I'll take mid 20s, clear, and no wind with a smile.  My legs were tired and sore after yesterday's trainer ride, but they got with the program about halfway through the run.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

mid 20s, clear, and no wind 

Same here. Coldest day of the year so far, brr! Busted out the pants, and hat. Quite comfy for an easy 5 miles.

Dave

delicate flower

Hello, friends LMAO!  I swam 3500 yards this morning.  It's a little longer as these things go, but I've got a longer one tomorrow so I tried to go easy today and not tire myself out too much.  Tempo run later.

Today's work day is constant meetings all day, but I do have 30 minutes free at 12:30 to eat.  Yay!

<3

Hello, friends LMAO!  I swam 3500 yards this morning.  It's a little longer as these things go, but I've got a longer one tomorrow so I tried to go easy today and not tire myself out too much.  Tempo run later.

Today's work day is constant meetings all day, but I do have 30 minutes free at 12:30 to eat.  Yay!

It seems people used to avoid scheduling meetings from 12-1. Sadly it’s not sacred anymore, and often the only time you can find that works for everyone. Because of all their other meetings.

I ran from home today because of a customer meeting closer to home. Which should have allowed me to sleep later, but (1) the meeting is at 7:00, so not really, and (2) I woke up at 3:45 anyway. Oh and I have a 7:00 meeting tomorrow morning too, dammit, but at my regular place of work. And I should have 8-9 with intervals, but no way that’s getting fit in. It’ll have to be another 5ish. I guess I should not care too much because I’m not training for anything too seriously yet.

Dave

delicate flower

It seems people used to avoid scheduling meetings from 12-1. Sadly it’s not sacred anymore, and often the only time you can find that works for everyone. Because of all their other meetings.

I ran from home today because of a customer meeting closer to home. Which should have allowed me to sleep later, but (1) the meeting is at 7:00, so not really, and (2) I woke up at 3:45 anyway. Oh and I have a 7:00 meeting tomorrow morning too, dammit, but at my regular place of work. And I should have 8-9 with intervals, but no way that’s getting fit in. It’ll have to be another 5ish. I guess I should not care too much because I’m not training for anything too seriously yet.

With the project I am on, no time is off limits.  People seem to be available (usually) at noon, so I've had a lot of meetings scheduled there recently.  I've got meetings popping up before 8:00, after 5:00, and there has been rumbling lately of setting up Saturday meetings (noooooo!!).  That said, I am working this weekend while DW goes skiing.

<3

onemile

we have determined that eating during meetings is acceptable

Cyberic

we have determined that eating during meetings is acceptable

And I propose something new, that we'll have to vote on:

If the meeting is between 12-1, not only is it acceptable to eat, but bring stinky food to the meeting. If people talk, you can say "And when am I supposed to eat? It IS 12:30, after all". Maybe they won't invite Mr.Stinker to their next lunch meeting.

Seriously, though, I'm hired because of my skills at analyzing and resolving functional tasks with a computer programs, not for my ability to go for X hours without eating. Lunch meetings are dumb. Period.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And I propose something new, that we'll have to vote on:

If the meeting is between 12-1, not only is it acceptable to eat, but bring stinky food to the meeting. If people talk, you can say "And when am I supposed to eat? It IS 12:30, after all". Maybe they won't invite Mr.Stinker to their next lunch meeting.

Seriously, though, I'm hired because of my skills at analyzing and resolving functional tasks with a computer programs, not for my ability to go for X hours without eating. Lunch meetings are dumb. Period.

Yeap.

WTF do people need to schedule meetings for lunch time?  I never seem to get that time back no matter what they say.  And eating is sacred.

I am lucky that my judge feels the same way so you will see him in the podium tapping his foot by 11:45am and by then he also asks the parties how much longer will they go.  If he is not satisfied with that answer, he reconvenes for 1:30pm.

Damaris

LRB

Lunch meetings are dumb. Period.

As are meetings to discuss meetings, something my boss excels at.

Don’t forget the meeting to get aligned prior to the pre-meeting.

People who skip lunch are clearly not runners.

Dave

LRB

I ran 7.

It felt like I was running on stilts so it was rather laborious. Also, I went out with the crew from work last night and wasted a million calories on some of the worst bar pizza ever. I think that every time calories get wasted on some for shit food, somewhere, a fairy dies.

LRB

Don’t forget the meeting to get aligned prior to the pre-meeting.

Indeed. It sounds like a ore-construction meeting. This is where everyone meets to discuss what is "going to" be built. #greatestwasteoftimeever

delicate flower

I have way too many of these.  I am currently sitting in a two hour project management status update, and as you can see, I am fully engaged in said meeting.

<3