Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - Rain or wind? You pick. (Read 39 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 22 miles in the rain.  It wasn't cold or windy, and that's about the best thing I can say about it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Good morning!

I slogged 6 miles in the rain.  It wasn't cold or windy, and that's about the best thing I can say about it.

Have a great day!

delicate flower

Good morning!  30 minutes into my work day and work is already pissing me off.     Bah!

2500 yard swim done.

I rode 22 miles in the rain.  It wasn't cold or windy, and that's about the best thing I can say about it.

I've got a 20ish mile ride on the post-work agenda and the weather says RAIN.  Boooo!  I'll hop on the trainer if it does rain.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

5 in my new Levitates (which look pretty cool, if I do say so myself) -- no rain, just that annoying little spitting thing where there are raindrops floating around in the air but they're not exactly falling.  I hate that.  Make up your mind, rain or don't!

My leg hurts, but not when I run -- just when I walk or jog slowly.  This makes run/walking seem even less desirable.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

And baseball season starts today.  HOORAY!  Go sports!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Court, 14 miles and weights.  Yay me.  Fortunately I work from home, at least when I get home from Court.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

+1

I ran 2 hours in a light mist today.  60 minutes easy, then I started a threshold workout that totaled 35 minutes with some easy running breaks.  Total 11.5 miles.  I suspect I'll be slow going down the stairs later today.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Spring Distance Classic 5k, 3/24; RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6

5 miles.

The most wonderful day of the year.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Been feeling unfocused lately with regards to running. Over the past 2 months, I added a 6th day of running and am consistently hitting 40 mpw...but without any real goal race planned. I'll do a HM in a few weeks, more for "fun" since the course elevation is not PR friendly and then I have my first mile race in May, which I'm weirdly pretty excited about even if I'm DFL. But what am I really training for?? I need something more concrete to work toward.

Anyways, I just signed up for RnR San Diego HM. This will be my 3rd year in a row running it and I've PR'd both times before. Logistics are a bit annoying since it's downtown yet point to point. So I splurged for the pre race VIP experience which also hopefully means I don't have to stand in the PoP line for 1 hour again. I ran 1:55 in December on a short course (12.95 or something) but still would have had my first sub2. My goal now is to get my first legit sub 2.

LRB

Not here. The game was just cancelled.

zzyzx

Lat, leg sled and my first complete stair challenge in a month! Go me. 39:34 but it doesn't count for record territory as I had to take an emergency bathroom break in the middle. Still though.

Off to watch the Mariners lose tonight. Oh wait, I'm supposed to be optimistic. Off to watch the Mariners maybe not lose tonight.

delicate flower

Not here. The game was just cancelled.

A March baseball game in Detroit was cancelled?  No way!    Pretty stupid to schedule this.  At least the Red Sox are at THE TROP.  Holy Lord though is that place a hell hole.

<3

LRB

A March baseball game in Detroit was cancelled?  No way!    Pretty stupid to schedule this.  At least the Red Sox are at THE TROP.  Holy Lord though is that place a hell hole.

They doubled-down on that stupidity by moving the home opener from Monday, where it had seen forever. All so the drunks could have a long weekend.

Cubs in Miami. 

MTA: Cubs' newly designated leadoff hitter Ian Happ homers on the first pitch of the game. Boom.

Dave

delicate flower

I think I just saw Ricky from Better Off Dead in the men's room.  "I'm really sorry your mom blew up, Ricky."

<3