Beginners and Beyond

Spontaneous Marathon Weekend Penguins! (Read 37 times)

Brilliant

Bad day.  Bad race. DH DNFed - in er now. Haven't seen him yet. Apparently medics had to do CPR and he has some sort of head injury. He's in cat scan now Sad

OMG Jill, praying right now

From the Internet.

Bad day.  Bad race. DH DNFed - in er now. Haven't seen him yet. Apparently medics had to do CPR and he has some sort of head injury. He's in cat scan now Sad

Holy shit, I'm so sorry to hear this - thinking good thoughts for you and your DH.

PADRunner

Ginny - No, we're simulcasting it at my track. Just makes a bigger crowd here.

Sapf - Hope everything is OK!

Brilliant

Someone special is having a birthday today.  I hope you are having a great weekend, tracilynn!

on my way to badass

sapf- good vibes going out to your DH.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

hog4life

Oh no sap, I'm very sorry to hear this. I will be praying for hubby.

what I did today is not important. Jill, I hope that it is nothing serious ((hugs))

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Z, Paris had water every 5K so I don't think every two miles is rare. Good luck!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh no, sapf. Thinking of him.

Damaris

Zelanie

Jill- Thinking of you guys and hoping for the best.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Sure hope everything is OK with your DH, sapf.  That sounds like a scary morning for sure.

I went to town this morning and did a 4.8 mile run with a group of friends and a few strangers.  It was definitely fun to do this in a non-race atmosphere.  I really wouldn't mind doing this more often.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Still in the er. He apparently collapsed after mile 11 and has no recollection of why. He hit his head when he fell but his cat scans came back normal. He is alert and oriented now - cracking jokes etc but his blood pressure is still a bit low and he's having issues walking because of calf tightness. Two of his labs from his initial blood draw were "really bad" and they are hoping it is just because of the horrible state he was in when he came in. They redrew blood and we are waiting on the results. I'm hopeful that they'll release him today and not admit him. This er only allows one visitor at a time so my mom is in there now and I'm resting for a few minutes in her car.  All I want to do is go home and sleep but I can't yet. I walked the two miles from the finish line to the hospital because there were no cabs and I didn't have enough signal to figure out the mass transit.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

He is alert and oriented now - cracking jokes etc

Such a relief!  I am so happy to hear that, and it sounds like he is in good hands.  Hopefully it was just a fluke thing and he'll be feeling better soon.

From the Internet.

Glad to hear he's awake and seeming OK, hope the bloodwork comes back fine!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Still in the er. He apparently collapsed after mile 11 and has no recollection of why. He hit his head when he fell but his cat scans came back normal. He is alert and oriented now - cracking jokes etc but his blood pressure is still a bit low and he's having issues walking because of calf tightness. Two of his labs from his initial blood draw were "really bad" and they are hoping it is just because of the horrible state he was in when he came in. They redrew blood and we are waiting on the results. I'm hopeful that they'll release him today and not admit him. This er only allows one visitor at a time so my mom is in there now and I'm resting for a few minutes in her car.  All I want to do is go home and sleep but I can't yet. I walked the two miles from the finish line to the hospital because there were no cabs and I didn't have enough signal to figure out the mass transit.

Glad to hear and I hope all the bloodwork shows he had nothing but a rare episode.

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

Glad to read that he is alert now.  Hoping the blood wok comes bad better and you guys can get home tonight and get some rest in the comfort of home.

Running for TJ because he can't.