Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #226 (Read 27 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

no run. 15 minutes of easy leg strength stuff, 45 minutes of upper body/arm weights. leftover salmon for breakfast!

Happy Thirsty Thursday! (already thinking ahead to a beer tonight...)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7-8 tonight and Pilates.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran about 8.5 with Aussie Quarters x 10, by feel. Only had distance and HR on display on the watch.

Avg on the 400s: 6:18

Avg on the 200s: 7:08

Thought I was running faster than that. Had the Endorphins on, too. But I'm glad I didn't have pace displayed, as I would have run faster, and I would not have finished the workout.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey.  I signed up for my next virtual event, which is a "Progressive 50 Miler."  Basically you have Oct through Nov to log runs of 10K, HM, HM, 17.6 miles.  Top three OA and masters get awards.  $20 entry fee.  That ought to be fun.  I was going to run the miles anyway.

<3

Cyberic

Hey.  I signed up for my next virtual event, which is a "Progressive 50 Miler."  Basically you have Oct through Nov to log runs of 10K, HM, HM, 17.6 miles.  Top three OA and masters get awards.  $20 entry fee.  That ought to be fun.  I was going to run the miles anyway.

I'm not into virtual events, but a series like that sounds nice, as you can see the leader board, and think " ok I need to do this to probably beat this guy if he does this" and so on.

I think you'll probably have fun. Any of your buddies entering also?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yesterday, after dropping my son off at school (Yay!!!!!) I rollerbladed 10.4 miles.

This morning, I dragged myself out of bed and to the gym, 40 minutes of upper body strengthening and then I got in an easy 6 mile run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yesterday, after dropping my son off at school (Yay!!!!!) I rollerbladed 10.4 miles.

This morning, I dragged myself out of bed and to the gym, 40 minutes of upper body strengthening and then I got in an easy 6 mile run.

I can imagine the happiness of having some time to yourself, but sadly, I predict you'll say your kid is back home soon at the pace the schools here are going.

Damaris

DavePNW

Be a man and just do it all at once.

Dave

onemile

Be a man and just do it all at once.

+1

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm not into virtual events, but a series like that sounds nice, as you can see the leader board, and think " ok I need to do this to probably beat this guy if he does this" and so on.

I think you'll probably have fun. Any of your buddies entering also?

Looking at the list of entrants so far, I only recognize one of the 50 or so names for the various distances.  There are options for progressive 13.1, 26.2, and 50 miles.  I tend to sign up for stuff without talking to anybody else about it first, except the wife.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

The latest Vaporfly was released at 10:00 this morning.  I had browser tabs open for Nike.com and Dick's Sporting Goods.  I snagged a pair from Nike.  Dick's is now sold out.  Originally Eastbay and RW had them listed, but Eastbay took them down and RW bumped them out to Aug 27.  Christ, the cheater shoes sure are hard to get a hold off, but I ought to be good now to the end of the year.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

30 min pool mix,  still not feeling right, had 3 sausage muffins on the way to work...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can imagine the happiness of having some time to yourself, but sadly, I predict you'll say your kid is back home soon at the pace the schools here are going.

I would hope here wouldn't be as insane over this shit as up around Indy.... I mean last December, a week before Christmas break almost 50% of my son's school's children got seriously ill, some ended up in the ICU over an unknown respiratory virus that docs could not figure out at the time. My son, who rarely gets sick and if he does it is normally only a 24-72 hour thing, he was sick for 2 weeks. Puking, fevers up near 104 and all he wanted was to stay in bed, the doc couldn't figure out what was wrong with him, he tested negative for everything they were used to. The school staff was BEGGING the superintendent guy to allow them to close 3 days early for Christmas Break so they could start seriously cleaning, he denied them that. Even teachers were going home sick with this mysterious thing, and the idiot wouldn't budge on the matter.

But oh, not even 10% were sick last March and they shut it down... 

But even if I get a week of this time to be able to take care of things without dealing with battles and arguments, it could be enough.

No doubt we won't make it through August before they shut down, and all schools in most areas will be shut down for the semester before November... hell I don't give it til mid October...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

KCRuns

Got ready to start my run this morning and realized my watch was at 1% so I didn't even bother to start it.  I ran a little bit past the usual 2 mile marker for about 4.1 round trip.