Beginners and Beyond

Category 4 Sundailies (Read 38 times)

The eye is about to enter through Marco Island.  We are getting stronger winds now as we get closer to the eye (parallel to us 80 miles West).  Still have power, so we will see.  We have less flooding than with regular rains, so far.

My parents' house has lost power, but they are still at the shelter. They think they might stay another day.

Dave

GinnyinPA

Baboon - Congratulations!

Seven mile hilly slog. Legs and lungs did not want to be out there today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The guy on the weather channel is about to take flight in Irma.  GO INSIDE.

The one in MSNBC as well. I'm like dude, someone bring him inside!  He even stopped at some point and said, hold on, that hurts.  Thank you, Captain Obvious!

I just saw a dude running outside.  We still have Tropical Storm winds outside, but this dude is not going to miss his run at all.  Not even considering the flooding.  Yay you!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My parents' house has lost power, but they are still at the shelter. They think they might stay another day.

Their area is under curfew so they are not leaving tonight, that's for sure.  And I'm seeing picture from Ft. Lauderdale and they look like the hurricane just went through it instead of on the West Coast.

Oh, now we got super high winds.  I fear the dude running might have flown home.

Damaris

Hip Redux

I think msnbc was broadcasting the Weather Channel.  That was the guy I was talking about!!

The one in MSNBC as well. I'm like dude, someone bring him inside!  He even stopped at some point and said, hold on, that hurts.  Thank you, Captain Obvious!

I just saw a dude running outside.  We still have Tropical Storm winds outside, but this dude is not going to miss his run at all.  Not even considering the flooding.  Yay you!

onemile

20 miles done. 70 for the week.

You win 

18 and 68 for me

You win 

18 and 68 for me

How was it, after yesterday's workout?

Dave

onemile

How was it, after yesterday's workout?

Pretty much as awful as expected. The only thing that got me through is knowing I have a rest day tomorrow

Pretty much as awful as expected. The only thing that got me through is knowing I have a rest day tomorrow

Mine was surprisingly not too bad, pace not the greatest but good enough. But I supposed it helped that I've only run easy all week, since my half on Monday.

MTA: Speaking of rest days, or lack thereof, I'm on streak day #55.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think msnbc was broadcasting the Weather Channel.  That was the guy I was talking about!!

Probably.  I kept yelling, take him in, FFS!  many times...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job on the miles, guys!  I finally get to try 50mpw next week after the knee setback. Which reminds me I should do my PT exercises now.  It's not like I'm busy or something.  Definitely not working tomorrow or Tuesday.

Damaris

onemile

Mine was surprisingly not too bad, pace not the greatest but good enough. But I supposed it helped that I've only run easy all week, since my half on Monday.

MTA: Speaking of rest days, or lack thereof, I'm on streak day #55.

Mine is ending with 34 days, 9.8 miles per day avg

Runshortii

I ran 7. Last 50 mile week and it's all tapering from here 

Cyberic

Mine is ending with 34 days, 9.8 miles per day avg

Nice!