Beginners and Beyond

Don't get bitten by a tick Penguin Weekend (Read 30 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice race, Mitch!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My report for my 5K this morning is on the front page somewhere.  It was a very fun event...and I zapped that thing in 31:53 chip time!  First time I've been under 32 minutes in a long time, don't know where THAT came from!  I thought the course must be short but, nope, 4 of my different friends there, all wearing various types of garmins/distance 'measurers" all independently told me the course was right on.  Nice!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on the 19 miles, Brilliant!

Nice racing, Mitch! Your 25K time is my half-marathon time, lol.

Hope your DD did well at her meet, Jack.  Raccoons hissing at you, how rude!

Congrats on the 6, PAD!  Our Texas  weather this weekend certainly has improved!  Near 80 degrees tomorrow in San Antonio!  You better get  out there early for your 20 to beat the heat!

Well, Jerry, when I was a kid I always had fun 'running the streets...'  

Happy miles, Zelanie!

Good luck with the 9, Traci, and good vibes for you body to behave itself!

Nice running, Kathleen, and glad you had some nice weather!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  6.66 with hubby and heavy weights done.

Gee, Damaris...that sounds like a HELL of a run!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Gee, Damaris...that sounds like a HELL of a run!

LMFAO. Nice race!

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

I've spent the day on home projects.  Planning for 5-6 Sunday morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Surprisingly hilly course today, so I didn't do all that well at keeping to MP, but for the first attempt at a continuous MP run off the treadmill, it wasn't bad.  I got lost at the Devils Den, even though I had the NP map with me, and was heading in completely the wrong direction, but fortunately met a ranger who was taking a break who was able to turn me around before I got too far.  I got to go over Round Top three times ;-O I don't think I'll have a problem keeping tomorrow's long run slow.  The question is, can I even finish it?  Since we were in the area, after a late lunch we drove the G'burg Marathon course.  Yikes!  I had read that it was hilly, but even for southern PA, it's going to be a challenge.  At least I know in time to practice as many hills as I can.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

That was an exciting run, Ginny.  Are you going to run the Gettysburg Marathon?  Don't get lost tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  16.09 with the last 8 at MP + 10% done.

Damaris

hog4life

I'm very sore this morning, duh! Working on the RR, and maybe a couple miles with Bella later.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

12 miles done at 8:03 pace and now day 3 of swim meet action. Nap time.

Surprisingly hilly course today, so I didn't do all that well at keeping to MP, but for the first attempt at a continuous MP run off the treadmill, it wasn't bad.  I got lost at the Devils Den, even though I had the NP map with me, and was heading in completely the wrong direction, but fortunately met a ranger who was taking a break who was able to turn me around before I got too far.  I got to go over Round Top three times ;-O I don't think I'll have a problem keeping tomorrow's long run slow.  The question is, can I even finish it?  Since we were in the area, after a late lunch we drove the G'burg Marathon course.  Yikes!  I had read that it was hilly, but even for southern PA, it's going to be a challenge.  At least I know in time to practice as many hills as I can.

Ginny-  I'm visualizing your run today. I grew up in NJ and remember going to Gettysburg several times. I can see Devils Den in my mind's eye with all the rocks. Wish I were there.

AFM heading out for my LSR. Supposed to be 12 but shooting for 10 instead. Nervous about ITB discomfort. Cool thing is its 60 and sunny out. Freak Kansas weather. Three days ago it was 5 degrees.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

tracilynn

I am running a hilly Half in April and I'm scared. I do not run any hills and believe stepping up a curb counts as elevation  I'm scared, especially after reading Ginny's  posts. Ha.

I did 9 miles with last 3 a little bit faster.  It was tough at the end and I ran my last mile like 40mm faster! Oops I guess I wanted that shit to be over.  My rt shin hurts bad though.  Icing now.

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Got my 20 out of the way, glad that's over with...

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I am running a hilly Half in April and I'm scared. I do not run any hills and believe stepping up a curb counts as elevation  I'm scared, especially after reading Ginny's  posts. Ha.

I did 9 miles with last 3 a little bit faster.  It was tough at the end and I ran my last mile like 40mm faster! Oops I guess I wanted that shit to be over.  My rt shin hurts bad though.  Icing now. 

You will be fine. Stick to the plan as best as you can and adjust if you have to. No big deal. Maybe try a few TM runs and play with the elevation setting. Running hills in training will make you stronger and faster come race day.