Beginners and Beyond

Sunday (Read 49 times)

LRB

Yo.

It's currently 49 and sunny here. That should make for a nice 80 minute easy run once these old bones loosen up, which usually doesn't happen until near the end.

Football later and ESU in between.

Wha 'cha got?

LRB

Give 'em hell Baboon, bluerun, Brilliant, Z and DavePSkagit.

Little Blue

Good morning!

Well they weren't kidding about the cold front.  It's currently 61 degrees, and sunny.  As soon as I finish this coffee and eat a bit, I'm outta here!  I almost need long sleeves!  I'll go till I'm half tired, then turn around.   Ater that, we're taking the boat to the lake, to make sure DH's engine repairs are sound.

Good luck to everyone racing!

Cyberic

Having coffee and a bagel. Will run later on. DS skipped on yesterday's run, he was too busy playing video games. His mother made it very clear that he HAS to come run with his daddy if he wants to have some computer time from now on.

He used to play competitive soccer + one recreative sport (tae kwon do, tennis, climbing), and now he does nothing. Not one single sport. He just started grade 7 in a very competitive school and he didn't make the last cut of the indoor soccer team selection. He was ranked 13th and they took 12. He was certain he was gonna make the team so he had not tried out in any other sport, and now he's stuck with nothing.

Cyberic

LRB

I'm heading out. Today's run is totally carefree so I've got the Mp3 player locked and loaded for one of the few times ever.

There is no need to focus or anything, so Imma just lean forward and cruise.

See ya!

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck, racers!

Planning on running 5ish after church, followed by a yoga class.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

From the Internet.

!! Big grin

From the Internet.

Second-to-last concert of the season last night - we're all kinda burned out at this point, I had 2 drinks in the parking lot and switched to soda because I just didn't feel like being tipsy and sleepy. Show was better than expected, though! We had all agreed that we'd duck out early to miss traffic but ended up staying through the encore.

SRD for running today but I ate my weight in chocolate chip cookies last night so I hit the gym to put all those delicious sugary calories to good use. I'm back to squatting more than my bodyweight again! Big grin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck to all of the racers this morning!

Took the  dogs out to the trails again this morning, my Tahoe's thermostat was saying 45 degrees at the river while it was 52 at my house, but it is usually colder near the water anyways. It felt so great out there, even in shorts and a t-shirt I thoroughly enjoyed the chillier weather. We ran 8.3 miles, Jetta's longest yet. Now to warm up with a hot bath, I've got family coming over this evening for some chili, campfire, s'mores, and just enjoying the cool weather Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Just woke up and noticed that Baboon finished just a few minutes ago.  I don't recall his PR but it looks like it was fast!

I have 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope Dave feels well enough to race.

Bluerun, Brilliant, and Z will do great I am sure.

Damaris

Morning!  Just woke up and noticed that Baboon finished just a few minutes ago.  I don't recall his PR but it looks like it was fast!

His PR is 1:32:50. Hope he beat it!

Well I made it to the race, step 1. Except I feel like I've forgotten how to run. Lungs feel reasonably OK now, but of course they haven't been tested yet. Also, horrendous night's sleep last night, even by my standards. I guess regular marathon thing + extra worries + I think  drug side-effects. Anyway we'll just see what happens.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

His PR is 1:32:50. Hope he beat it!

Well I made it to the race, step 1. Except I feel like I've forgotten how to run. Lungs feel reasonably OK now, but of course they haven't been tested yet. Also, horrendous night's sleep last night, even by my standards. I guess regular marathon thing + extra worries + I think  drug side-effects. Anyway we'll just see what happens.

He just posted. He didn't but his placing was pretty good overall.  Sounded like a tough race.  Have fun but be smart!

LRB, I bought PB2.  What do you add it too (apart from smoothies?)

Damaris

Zelanie

Go Dave!

Congrats, Phil!

D- I put PB2 in oatmeal.

Mine is just a supported LR. With couches and cake.