Beginners and Beyond

Weeping Wednesday Penguins (Read 36 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Most of NYC looks like it is attending a funeral today.

I did a mile run/walk on the treadmill this morning while DH lifted weights.  I could have done more, but I was feeling pretty shitty after staying up until 2:30 watching the madness unfold.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

With reason...

I have Pilates and weights tonight.

Damaris

Zelanie

I don't even know what to say. Oregon did our part. We just didn't realize that we needed to temporarily move to Pennsylvania.

Singer who runs a smidge

If you look at Virginia's map, it's hilarious.  Most of the state voted Trump, it's just that we were saved by the higher population of sane people in Northern Virginia and Hampton Roads.  But yeah, I'm a little freaked out today.

Didn't run because of rain.  But, quartet rehearsal tonight!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Isn't this a running website?

Weights and cardio for me.

From the Internet.

It's been kind of comforting being at school. Most of my students are also outraged/sad/scared so we're dealing with it together.

10 this morning, 6 last night. Husband is away the next few days so I'll hopefully try to squeeze in a short recovery run tomorrow afternoon while the kid's still at school and maybe drag her to the track on Friday if the weather is decent.

PADRunner

Supposed to run 6 only ran 2.5 what's the point...

Buelligan

I can't wait to wake up from this terrible dream.  It seems so real... like I'm really awake.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The (uneducated) people have spoken.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

PAD, were you out here for the Breeders Cup?

PADRunner

PAD, were you out here for the Breeders Cup?

No my boss went this year. I was hoping to. Looks like it may not be back there for several years now.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ok. Just wondering. I drove by there and it was packed.  I hope the running is going well for you. I hope to be on here more often, now that I am running again, but I hope it doesn't become a political forum. I come here to stay away from all that.

LRB

Subjects come and go and no one person has control over any of that. We've been able to coexist here for four years not because we agree on every single subject that comes up, but because we are tolerant of each other, and recognize that people have the right to their viewpoints and opinions, even when those conflict with our own.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Subjects come and go and no one person has control over any of that. We've been able to coexist here for four years not because we agree on every single subject that comes up, but because we are tolerant of each other, and recognize that people have the right to their viewpoints and opinions, even when those conflict with our own.

I agree. That's why I don't say anything political. I like to hear about running, workouts, and get advice.