Beginners and Beyond

Okay it's Monday Penguins... (Read 26 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"No matter how old I get, the race remains one of life's most rewarding experiences. My times become slower and slower, but the experience of the race is unchanged: each race a drama, each race a challenge, each race stretching me in one way or another, and each race telling me more about myself and others." --Dr. George Sheehan

PADRunner

RD for me today.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Me too.

on my way to badass

Good Morning Penguins! Finally get to relax because the family has gone back to school and work. I will get a run in today, probably in the 3 mile range. Housework is on tap for today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  The office has gone crazy.  6 miles for me tonight.

Damaris

Zelanie

Good morning!  It's back to work for me.  Boo!

Today I have 8 planned again after work.  The way this week looks, I think I need to take Thurs and Sun as RDs, so I have a few days before a RD comes. Smile

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  Feeling a bit sick/run down today but I'll still try to get my miles in - just a bit slower than usual.  Maybe I'll wear my HRM and try to stay below 151.  It is incredibly windy out there today but I really can't fathom the thought of the treadmill.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Hallo, Penguins!!  I'm getting back into the swing of things at work, complicated by having to change my password.  EVERYTHING uses this password, so now of course EVERYTHING isn't working.  Blech.  Anyway, DH and I are still sick, but definitely getting better, so that's all good.  Welcome to 2015, everybody!!

PAD -- enjoy your RD!!

Jack -- you too!!

Stone -- glad you're relaxing, and have a good 3!!

Docket -- yeah, it's definitely crazy.  Have a good 6 tonight!!

Zelanie -- Hope you have a good 8!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning, penguins! Enjoy your rest or running.  I don't have any mileage planned for today, but I'm seeing how long I can streak in 2015, so I'll do at least a mile later.

hog4life

I need to get my feeling lazy butt out the door!

obiebyke

I don't know, guys. It's SO COLD! We'll see if I get out there.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

tracilynn

Resting today.  Temp is dropping to 6° in a few days with negative wind chills. That's real cold for Alabama. Will be treadmilling this week.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Track for us.  Should be quiet since the Seniors don't venture out in the cold and snow (except for one).

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah...Mondays....

Rest day for me and probably a good thing.  I did a 3.5 mile run/walk yesterday morning of all hills and then when I got back to the gym I did a 45-minute post run weight training circuit.  My old body is letting me know about it today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  The office has gone crazy.  6 miles for me tonight.

Well, they're lawyers.....crazy is expected...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt