Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies in the crazy place (Read 37 times)

Mmmmm...beer

How does this happen, 90*, 73* dp, blazing sun, and I have my fastest run of the week?  Maybe I'm solar powered? Lol

8 more done, 13 for the day, now it's off to a BBQ. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

DavePNW

How does this happen, 90*, 73* dp, blazing sun, and I have my fastest run of the week?  Maybe I'm an unstoppable running machine?

FYP

Dave

B-Plus

That would be me

Please wait until after I post next time 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Please wait until after I post next time 

Things can be easily unlocked and locked back at the right moment, you know.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Great job Dave!

Re: Lily and adjustments

I don't know about you, but my cadence and leg turn over is very consistent anything between a 9:30 and 6:00.  Faster than 5:30 and I really increase cadence.  But as far as between those paces the only thing that changes is the force on the ground and thus length of stride.

As far as heart/ lungs if I push to make the non-adjusted pace in an otherwise dreadful weather day, then my recovery suffers and hence my next workouts.   What I have gathered over my short experience from running, coach and reading is that it is not that we can't complete the workouts, it is that if they next workout is diminished and the one after etc etc...  then we have affected the end goal.

Of course reading Daniels is very scientific.  No numbers or results are by chance, they are by formulae.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lmao.

4.1 for me, Dorian and Rocky done.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Sly, you're right. I am not scientific about my training. I'm just very impulsive. I do try to make sure I can do all my workouts according to plan, always. I've gone over board in my training only once, last spring. I pushed too hard and missed my goal on that important day. Overall, I've had good results, though. So I agree that numbers and results don't come by chance. They are the products of what we do. And I did say I run my LRs slower than usual when it's hot. I probably also run my recovery runs about 30 seconds slower the day after a speed workout in very warm temps.  

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job Dave!

Re: Lily and adjustments

I don't know about you, but my cadence and leg turn over is very consistent anything between a 9:30 and 6:00.  Faster than 5:30 and I really increase cadence.  But as far as between those paces the only thing that changes is the force on the ground and thus length of stride.

As far as heart/ lungs if I push to make the non-adjusted pace in an otherwise dreadful weather day, then my recovery suffers and hence my next workouts.   What I have gathered over my short experience from running, coach and reading is that it is not that we can't complete the workouts, it is that if they next workout is diminished and the one after etc etc...  then we have affected the end goal.

Of course reading Daniels is very scientific.  No numbers or results are by chance, they are by formulae.

I experience the same.  Same thing with the asthma, pushing through it without adjustment can cause up to a week of bad workouts after that.

I just came back from my run with hubby, so no weights today.  I'll try them tomorrow but after my LR, not sure.  I think I have found the perfect balance for peak weeks, 2 pilates and 1 weight session vs normal weeks, 2 pilates and 2 weight sessions.

Damaris

LRB

I got a nice buzz going, so happy tomorrow is just an easy run.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got a nice buzz going, so happy tomorrow is just an easy run.

I am having a martini pre-18 miler.  It has helped before.  That's my story and I am sticking to it.

It does not help that I have eaten very few calories today. 

Damaris

LRB

I am having a martini pre-18 miler.  It has helped before.  That's my story and I am sticking to it.

It does not help that I have eaten very few calories today. 

Dudette, you gotta fuckin eat during MRT.  Of course you know that but still, pour a double bowl of cereal or something, dang.

Nice job on the martini though.  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dudette, you gotta fuckin eat during MRT.  Of course you know that but still, pour a double bowl of cereal or something, dang.

Nice job on the martini though.  Smile

I am cooking dinner still (we just arrived 45 minutes ago).  Fish and quinoa pasta in tomato and cheddar sauce.  Happy now?

Damaris

LRB

I am cooking dinner still (we just arrived 45 minutes ago).  Fish and quinoa pasta in tomato and cheddar sauce.  Happy now?

It looks delectable. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It looks delectable. 

I forgot to mention the pumpkin seeds in the sauce!

Damaris

LRB

I forgot to mention the pumpkin seeds in the sauce!

Really?  Never heard of such a thing, you like?