Beginners and Beyond

Hey Tuesday Penguins - It's Not Just Coffee, It's Thinking Juice! (Read 34 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: I think it is called the Mountains to the Beach Marathon. It is here in CA. It starts in Ojai and finishes in Ventura. It's on May 25. It could be worth a trip for you!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jack, that is awesome!  Good luck to you and her.

SheCan, I think you're on the nag list and the posting deadline is today at noon.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

How come the deadline change for posting?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

hog4life

Cherie, thank you for asking. My friend came back to work today.... running out of vacation time. His wife is off the vent, yet still in ICU. A pulmonologist was called in, he changed her antibiotics yesterday, so today's labs dshould reveal any improvement. She is still on the fenc though and things could go either way. I'm praying so hard for them, I just hope she will pull through.

Shop till you drop makes my feet hurt too. I think it's all the "slower" moving.

CT scan went without issues, I have some follow up appointments within the next few weeks to discuss any findings. I update anything as I find out. Thank you for all the kind words.

SheCan

Jack, that is awesome!  Good luck to you and her.

SheCan, I think you're on the nag list and the posting deadline is today at noon.

How do I post them, DR?  LOL!  I'll look around, see if I can find it.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

SheCan

Cherie, thank you for asking. My friend came back to work today.... running out of vacation time. His wife is off the vent, yet still in ICU. A pulmonologist was called in, he changed her antibiotics yesterday, so today's labs dshould reveal any improvement. She is still on the fenc though and things could go either way. I'm praying so hard for them, I just hope she will pull through.

Shop till you drop makes my feet hurt too. I think it's all the "slower" moving.

CT scan went without issues, I have some follow up appointments within the next few weeks to discuss any findings. I update anything as I find out. Thank you for all the kind words.

(((((( Mitch )))))))  Hoping for the best for her, also.

Jack-- I'm tempted for sure!  I was somewhat disappointed with Tucson, and want a do-over, so I've been looking around some.  Only problem is, I'm not sure I'm up for another marathon cycle or not.  Still piddling with the idea.  How long was the drive this way anyhow?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy thoughts to you Mitch!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: I think it was about six hours, perhaps a bit less.

Hog: That's good news on the CT scan, so far. Fingers crossed...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

SheCan, I got your email but I need your miles.  I'll treat them as on time because you email me early.

Hope, we change it for admin purposes and because we think the deadline is too long  It was announced til kingdom come but there are people still lost.  We are changing to 6pm from week 2 on but no Wednesday any more.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Gustav - good job on the 10 in the cold.  Brr.

Hey LRB.  Have a cuppa.

Kristin - sounds like a pretty strenuous day, even without the swim.

Mitch - I'm not sure how you get it right for those kind of temps.  The first mile is the hard part.  If you dress for that, then you're sure to be overdressed for the rest.  I hope your scan results are good.

Scotty - good thing you have lots of other trails to run on.  Maybe zoo day?  The hills will keep you warm.

D  - enjoy your 7 tonight.  Sorry about the latte.

Z - be careful with the rain.  A cold rain is more likely to cause hypothermia than colder but dry.

HM - enjoy your practice tonight.  Maybe you can go for a walk today?

Jack - sorry about the AT.  Often when you favor one part of the body, the other side acts up.  Enjoy the training with your wife.  Is it another downhill race?

Cherie - I hate shopping, so spending all day at it would not be my idea of fun.  OTOH, you got to spend time with DD, which is good.

We walked Ben at 5 deg. feels like -18.  I was definitely overdressed, but it was a good walk.  The only part that got cold was my eyeballs when we walked into the wind.  That hurt!  I'll do my run on the TM this afternoon.

LRB

LRB- We know how to get your attention when we need it!

Uh, yah!

By the way Pens, I had two k-cups yesterday while digging out my driveway, and don't you know my stupid brain refused to shut off all night long!

That was a first, and last.  :-)

SheCan

5.5 miles done!  I'm so glad running shoes are more comfortable than pretty shopping shoes.

Ginny for sure about the shopping.  For me, it was mostly about spending time with DD.   It was actually a lot of fun. I couldn't imagine moving from Arizona temperatures to those temps.  Good for you for getting out there with Ben.  How does he tolerate the cold anyway?

Docket-- thank you about the miles!

Cherie

Singer who runs a smidge

HM - enjoy your practice tonight.  Maybe you can go for a walk today?

No walking today -- quarteting and chorus are really strenuous on my knees as it is.  Most people think of sitting and singing, or standing and singing.  Good barbershop is a whole-body venture, even if there's not scripted choreography, so my knee is shot by the end of practice.  It's cross-training! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, 50 degrees this morning in Miami!  I'm surprised everyone was not wearing parkas, Damaris!  Enjoy your miles tonite.

Hope your run goes well tonite, Zelanie.  And hope it stays a very light rain for you and does not turn into that miserable cold type of rain. As for the river-drain, well, they've never found any bodies there, thank goodness.  They did find a rocking chair once, though, which I thought was really odd.

Have fun, HsM, getting your 'sing' on!  You know, if you learned to cut hair while you barbershop quartet sing, you could probably make some money.....

Sorry the PF is still bugging you, Jack.  And now the other foot acting up too, that sucks.  Hope the inserts will make a difference for you.  Probably a good plan to just stick with your wife and help her reach her goal.

Shop Till You Drop, um yeah, Cherie...that sounds fun.....while Gail is doing that I'd go play on the store escalator.

So sorry about your friend's wife, Mitch.  Good thoughts and vibes!  Ugg, appointments...I just got notified my colonoscopy is due again...dang, has it been 4 years already?  Fun stuff.   Guess I better get my butt-hair waxed, don't want to scare them while they are back there and maybe have them make a mistake...

You probably need to get a good pair of winter googles, Ginny.  And then attach the dog to a sled...

Kristin, if your grocery store has no parking lot...how do you get your groceries home?  By train?  Sounds like that would be a hassle, carrying all your grocery bags on and off the train/metro, or whatever you have.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Good barbershop is a whole-body venture, even if there's not scripted choreography, so my knee is shot by the end of practice.  It's cross-training! 

I looked at a link you posted once, it was pretty cool!  You will have to share one of your performances someday.