Beginners and Beyond

Monday, February 29 (Read 42 times)

LRB

Hi.

There is actually a 4 mile race here held once every four years on this date. They will have great weather tonight, which is more like once in a lifetime around these parts!

Today is a rest day for me from running, but I plan to do some lunges before work. What's up with you?

delicate flower

Good morning!  I was so freakin' tired last night, I hit the sack at 8:30 and DW was already asleep.  Lazy bums we are.  But, I woke up ready to roll at 5:15 this morning.  2500 yards done in the pool, with an easy 4 miles to run later.

I've sort of been sticking to the 18 week marathon training cycle.  Today starts week 18 of my Ironman training, and I haven't even started to ramp up the training volume yet.  Winter is winding down, which means bike time will start to increase.  Bike rides pile up the training hours.

Happy Leap Day!

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 9.1 easy miles.  I just planned on 6, but after 5 I started to like it.  I'm happy to note that although I choked on my 26.2,  the many miles of speedwork have dropped my average pace by about 45 seconds since my half last October.  I'll take it, and build on it for the fall.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning all, normally Monday is my rest day but I woke up feeling much better, I even slept like a peaceful baby last night so I decided to take the dogs out on the trails for an easy run. We ran 6.5 muddy  miles, and since the weather is supposed to be so nice today I might take Dorian out later this afternoon for a 2.5-3 mile run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Happy leap day! SRD.

248.8 for the month.

It appears I have been nothing if not consistent this year:

February: 248.8 mi (8.6 mi/day) 36:12:44 (8:44 / mi)
            January: 265.1 mi (8.6 mi/day) 38:33:37 (8:44 / mi)

Dave

LRB

Happy leap day! SRD.

248.8 for the month.

It appears I have been nothing if not consistent this year:

February: 248.8 mi (8.6 mi/day) 36:12:44 (8:44 / mi)
              January: 265.1 mi (8.6 mi/day) 38:33:37 (8:44 / mi)

Nice work. You're in the top ten (7th, one spot behind Cy) in our groups yearly mileage rankings.

Jay, of course is first, Julia is second and PR third. Meanwhile, I'm bringing up the rear in 81st place. Big grin

Zelanie

PR- Good to see you back at it!

LRB- Not racing?

Phil- I bet the sleep is how both of you can keep up with your training!

FS- Nice run!

Dave- Another 8.6/day for March!

Ooh, I'm in the top 35 for the group. Smile  Tonight I have 6 easy with the social group.

bluerun

Super B****

February mileage is going to suck anyway, so rather than run on the AlterG, I am going to save my crotch and wait for my new sports performance shorts, which are to be delivered today.

25 trainer miles.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Morning dailies!

Just finished a planned 5 easy that kinda turned into a progression to ~MP effort. Felt great. Today's route was totally pancake flat and I've been running a lot of hills, so I think that's why the unintentional speed-up happened, haha. Next on the agenda: finish my second iced coffee, shower, work, maybe gym for a few minutes before I get home.

LRB

PR- Good to see you back at it!

LRB- Not racing?

Phil- I bet the sleep is how both of you can keep up with your training!

FS- Nice run!

Dave- Another 8.6/day for March!

Ooh, I'm in the top 35 for the group. Smile  Tonight I have 6 easy with the social group.

I briefly considered it (which is a miracle in and of itself), but no.

Will a pint of beer precede your run tonight? Big grin

LRB

February mileage is going to suck anyway, so rather than run on the AlterG, I am going to save my crotch and wait for my new sports performance shorts, which are to be delivered today.

25 trainer miles.

Yes, please; save your crotch.  

Zelanie

I briefly considered it (which is a miracle in and of itself), but no.

Will a pint of beer precede your run tonight? Big grin

Gah!  I hope not!

We're starting to get more local races around here as the weather gets better, but I really don't think I'm in a position to race and feel good about the results, so best to sit them out.

delicate flower

I'll finish the month with 150 miles.  Not a ton of running miles for me, but I am training more than ever.

So my BQ pace is 7:27, soon to be 7:49.  I just ran an entire month at 7:34 pace.  I know that your avg pace over a set period of time is no way to project out a race time, but still, there it is staring me in the face.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi.

Rest day from running but I will do some core work at the gym.  This week my HM plan goes from four to five days of running so my mileage will be up. This Pfitz plan has a LOT of miles at or faster than goal pace so I think it may beat me up a bit. Not like marathon training but enough to feel slightly beat up. Get it?

Have a good day.

Zelanie

I'll finish the month with 150 miles.  Not a ton of running miles for me, but I am training more than ever.

So my BQ pace is 7:27, soon to be 7:49.  I just ran an entire month at 7:34 pace.  I know that your avg pace over a set period of time is no way to project out a race time, but still, there it is staring me in the face.

There is a theory supposedly your marathon time is equal to your fastest 26.2 in a given week.  Not even your average.