Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES have no belt, but it could be worse (Read 34 times)

LRB

I went and bought a belt. That nonsense was beyond ridiculous!

bluerun

Super B****

Not that I know anything about anything, but since you're unable to create momentum to get your legs up there (because of a limited surface area in which to grip I presume) you would scrunch your knees to your stomach, thereby creating the shortest distance for your feet to travel to a landing spot. As opposed to trying to lift your feet up from an extended angle, which would require strength and balance that you may or may not possess just yet.

No, the problem we're solving actually does have a good grip to start with (for your hands) -- I can get my knees up to my stomach and just hang by my arms if I want to.  The problem is that I can't seem to create enough momentum to swing my legs up to the roof and get them to latch onto the foot holds, because those are much smaller.  I think it's because I'm not supposed to be using momentum to swing them out like that, I'm supposed to be controlling the movement.  Hell if I know how to make that happen.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I went and bought a belt. That nonsense was beyond ridiculous!

Are we talking about a treadmill, or an actual belt??

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

Hahaha, I hope it's a treadmill.

Cyberic

Hello Eric.

Is the pizza there the best ever or overrated?

I've had good pizza and so-so pizza. I wouldn't say it's the best in the world, at least not all Italian pizza is great. Depends on where tou buy it. My son has been eating pizza as often as he can, and most of the time I do too.

Problem is we are tourists. We just walk in some random place and hope the food is good, which is not always the case. I was told there was nowhere in the world where I'd eat as good... Maybe if we paid more money it would be true, but I doubt it. French cuisine is better IMO.

LRB

B. But I remembered pants so it wasn't as bad as it could've been. 

bluerun

Super B****

B. But I remembered pants so it wasn't as bad as it could've been. 

It would be kind of weird if you remembered a belt but not pants.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Damaris

LRB

No, the problem we're solving actually does have a good grip to start with (for your hands) -- I can get my knees up to my stomach and just hang by my arms if I want to.  The problem is that I can't seem to create enough momentum to swing my legs up to the roof and get them to latch onto the foot holds, because those are much smaller.  I think it's because I'm not supposed to be using momentum to swing them out like that, I'm supposed to be controlling the movement.  Hell if I know how to make that happen.

Inverted pull-ups are something that might work for you. These are pull-ups that are done in the supine position, heels on the floor, hands on a barbell that's been placed around waist height inside of a squat rack. Knee and leg raises will help with the other end. Together, you'll build the balance, arm and core strength needed to pull it off without killing yourself. Or just you know, TRY HARDER. 

7 miles this morning, even though it was hot and I didn't want to go out there.  However, that's the story of me and summer running...

DavePNW

It would be kind of weird not at all surprising if you remembered a belt but not pants.

fyp

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I've been having a couple of fun days....

Tuesday...had a urology appointment, got scheduled for a prostate biopsy...and then....

After I got home from my appointment today, went for a run in McAllister Park. 95 degrees, felt like 98, but lots of shade in the park. What a run! I did trails in the park and felt really good. I ran with some deer, I ran with a rabbit...and around 2 miles I also met a cyclist head-on going around a blind curve. The cyclist went to his left, I went to my left....his left was where most of the trail was and he was able to keep on going...my left was on the edge of a hill...and after teetering for a moment, suddenly I was "Romancing The Stone" hilling down that hill, lol. WEEEEEEEE! All the way down to the bottom, with knee hitting a small rock on the way down; thankfully I had my gloves on so my hands were fine, but wow, my gloves turned from white to dirt color in no time, lol. After I 'settled' on the bottom, AC/DC came on my player singing "Highway to Hell." lol, how appropriate. I thought "Well, I will just lie here for a moment and assess.." Nothing broken, knee cut was pretty slight - lucky, but I will probably have another scar on this knee, the same knee I got a scar from, also in this park, when a deer knocked me down, good gravy. I sat there a couple more minutes and thought "well, I guess I better get back at it....or not..." and then Tom Petty came onto my player singing "I won't back down...you can stand me at the gates of hell...." etc, etc.... dang..am I getting messages from my player, lol? So up and at 'em again. Found the trail up the hill, got back on the main trail and on my way again. Everything felt okay and once I started again I felt pretty good. I had planned on 3 trail miles, but just kept going for a while and ended up with 4.5 miles, go figure. What a fun run - fall and all, lol. See what happens when my wife Gail Kabrich leaves me unsupervised for a week when she goes to conference? Stuff happens

And then on Wednesday morning....

Run this morning and right at the end, got knocked down by a darn deer! And another cut on the SAME damn knee that I banged on yesterday's run-and-Romancing The Stone hill ride, good grief! Luckily the stupid thing only just brushed by me, so not other damage. Dang deer, I swear I am their comic relief and they sit and wait for me to show up, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

I've seen some craft beer shops in Italy, but I found out in Spain that I prefer week cold blond beer when it's hot. I've settled on Birra Moretti, the local Coors Light.

onemile

I am contemplating doing Saturday's 20 miler (with 10 miles progression) at the indoor track because it's supposed to be a 69DP 70 degrees at 7am.... I was planning to run it with the group (they are doing 14) but I don't know if even the group will save me 

DavePNW

I've seen some craft beer shops in Italy, but I found out in Spain that I prefer week cold blond beer when it's hot. I've settled on Birra Moretti, the local Coors Light.

Italy has shit beer. I've only ever seen Moretti and Peroni, and they're both awful. Maybe they have some better ones now. But in Italy, it's more about the wine.

Dave