Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES have no belt, but it could be worse (Read 34 times)

DavePNW

I am contemplating doing Saturday's 20 miler (with 10 miles progression) at the indoor track because it's supposed to be a 69DP 70 degrees at 7am.... I was planning to run it with the group (they are doing 14) but I don't know if even the group will save me 

Godspeed.

Dave

LRB

I am contemplating doing Saturday's 20 miler (with 10 miles progression) at the indoor track because it's supposed to be a 69DP 70 degrees at 7am.... I was planning to run it with the group (they are doing 14) but I don't know if even the group will save me 

A lttle on the clingy side but the 70 degree start makes it doable. 139 on the oppression factor (dew-dew + temp) will seem like a breeze in a few weeks.

Not that that helps you now but looking for a sliver of silver is what I do. 

LRB

Godspeed.

This guy on the other hand, tells it like it is. lol

onemile

A lttle on the clingy side but the 70 degree start makes it doable. 139 on the oppression factor (dew-dew + temp) will seem like a breeze in a few weeks.

Not that that helps you now but looking for a sliver of silver is what I do. 

Oh have you done 20 miles progression in those conditions?

LRB

Oh have you done 20 miles progression in those conditions?

The longest progression I've ever done was 10 miles so no. I was just looking at the numbers as a data set, so as usual, you can disregard everything I wrote. lol

Runshortii

I ran 6. Wanted to get out and do it earlier but I didn't feel great this morning. It was 86 degrees and the DP was 72  I feel like a drowned rat.

onemile

The longest progression I've ever done was 10 miles so no. I was just looking at the numbers as a data set, so as usual, you can disregard everything I wrote. lol

I am mostly concerned with losing too much water during the first 10 miles, before I start the progression 10.

onemile

I had some good pizza in Italy but the gelato is where it's at.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am mostly concerned with losing too much water during the first 10 miles, before I start the progression 10.

With the dewpoint close to 70, there is a good probability of that.  I felt similar after my 3 with hubby the other night and felt a bit extra tired when I started my tempo miles.  Food for thought.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I agree!  We had gelato daily.  Oh, and I love their tiramisu (also had that daily).

Damaris

DavePNW

+ a gazillion.

We went on our honeymoon. My wife said she was going to have gelato every day. I thought she was exaggerating, but not only did we do that, but some days we had it twice. This was way back when it was pretty rare to find it in the US, so it is one of our fondest memories of the trip.

Dave

onemile

+ a gazillion.

We went on our honeymoon. My wife said she was going to have gelato every day. I thought she was exaggerating, but not only did we do that, but some days we had it twice. This was way back when it was pretty rare to find it in the US, so it is one of our fondest memories of the trip.

a lot of days, gelato was my lunch!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 done, 8.90 for the day.  And I'm OCD but not doing 9 total.  Saturday's OTF will only make it screwy again.

Damaris

LRB

6 done, 8.90 for the day.  And I'm OCD but not doing 9 total.  Saturday's OTF will only make it screwy again.

I meant to stop at 7.35 today but "accidentally" went to 7.36. I briefly contemplated taking it to 7.40 but was in the parking lot at work and didn't want to look like a bigger idiot than I already did. Plus the whole idea is stupid. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core.