Beginners and Beyond

let's talk politics (without fighting) (Read 104 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FS, how do you think Trump would fare on the international level? Is it something that's important to you?

What do you mean by international exactly?  All I really care about is the USA and getting back the jobs and trades we lost to other countries, illegal immigration, and getting rid of Obamacare...... which will most definitely not happen, but I can dream. Trump claims to "know important people" but again it takes more than one person to change things, let alone change a country.

D2the2nd, if you hate him for those reasons, you probably wouldn't like DH, and he was always a fave as a superior at places he worked. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Trump isn't the equivalent of a no experienced accountant. He knows business and how to handle money and investments, or at least knows the experts, something our government knows nothing about apparently. He supposedly knows the other top businessmen of other countries and if he can bring back big manufacturing and other trades that built this country, then we'll have jobs, and that makes DH happy. If he can do that.....

I don't like, can't stand Hillary and if Bernie thinks we're the richest country, being 17 trillion or so in debt, he is smoking crack.

If we are not the richest country, who is? If America is in such terrible shape as Trump says, what country would you rather live in?

I don't see how Trump is going to bring back manufacturing to the US. As long as there are countries with much lower labor cost than ours, and US consumers who like their Wal-Mart prices, this will not happen. If we are going to become more protectionist to achieve this goal, this usually has the opposite effect.

I'm not sure what kind of background Ben Carson has that makes him a viable candidate for President.

If you like the inexperienced type with a business background, you might look into Carly Fiorina.

I vote consistently Democrat but I consider myself open-minded. I am not really happy with Clinton or Sanders right now. The 3 people on the GOP side I consider to be the most reasonable candidates are Bush, Rubio & Kasich. Most of the others I think are ideological blowhards and far too concerned with social issues.

Dave

Brilliant

BUT I will not argue or fight, there is a reason we don't talk politics here and obviously I am the only Republican/conservative   well, I'll be voting that way, haven't really had much hope in our politicians since I was able to vote......

Nope, I'm sure there are lots of us here but we just don't talk about it.  Let's talk about what we can agree on: running, food, beer! 

PADRunner

DavePNW

Let's talk about what we can agree on: running, food, beer! 

I have seen some pretty heated disagreements on these subjects....

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nope, I'm sure there are lots of us here but we just don't talk about it.  Let's talk about what we can agree on: running, food, beer! 

Maybe not so much here, but sak about run less, run faster on RWOL.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I should've stuck to that.

Dave, corporations are rewarded to take their companies out of the USA, jobs with them. Companies who stay are horribly taxed, small companies like ours suffer due to what is currently going on. Trump didn't  say it, you can Google our debt, and Qatar is currently the richest per capita, again you can Google these things.

If our government would reward corporations and companies for keeping their work and jobs in America, while largely taxing those who import, that would be one way, but most don't believe that can be done. Countries that mainly export rather than import fair better financially than the other way around, America has more "made in wherever" than "made in the USA", and that is sad.

I am usually not for parties, but I will never vote Democrat, that I am sure of, at least not if they will be like the last couple of presidents......

But that is my opinion. And maybe we should get off politics, because this can only end one way...... and we don't need a meltdown thread..... at this moment 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

What do you mean by international exactly?  All I really care about is the USA and getting back the jobs and trades we lost to other countries, illegal immigration, and getting rid of Obamacare...... which will most definitely not happen, but I can dream. Trump claims to "know important people" but again it takes more than one person to change things, let alone change a country.

D2the2nd, if you hate him for those reasons, you probably wouldn't like DH, and he was always a fave as a superior at places he worked. 

Why do you hate Obamacare?

Dave

From the Internet.

But that is my opinion. And maybe we should get off politics, because this can only end one way...... and we don't need a meltdown thread..... at this moment 

Hey, you're the one who brought it up! :P Really, though, I think it's been very civil. I don't see why people can't discuss politics on rare occasions, it's not like it's a personal attack if one person believes X but another person believes Y and they disagree. I like the color pink, other people don't like pink, and that's fine with me.

But I'm also always up for running/beer/food discussion instead! Cutting way back on the beer and baked goods for the next couple months to get back to race weight and I am le sad. I'm down to one packet of chocolate-covered peanut butter wafers and that's the end of the junk food coming into my house for the time being.

From the Internet.

Why do you hate Obamacare?

Because it's not a more efficient single-payer system, of course!

DavePNW

Because it's not a more efficient single-payer system, of course!

Which was of course previously advocated by Donald Trump.

Dave

DavePNW

Cutting way back on the beer and baked goods 

Stop the insanity!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You can be conservative and not be in the Trump camp. He's said some REALLY shitty things about a lot of people, his tact and diplomacy are sorely lacking and I wouldn't want him as the head of state even if I weren't probably the most liberal person on this site.

You are not.

Damaris

From the Internet.

You are not.

LOL good. It feels lonely over here to the left sometimes!