Beginners and Beyond

let's talk politics (without fighting) (Read 104 times)

From the Internet.

Stop the insanity!

I wish I could! But I haven't worn pants in weeks and I need to be able to fit into them again when it gets too cold for shorts and dresses.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Why do you hate Obamacare?

Let me see..... before Obamacare i had Blue Cross & Blue Shield, my insurance for me and Dorian was just under $300 and covered EVERYTHING. After that shit began I was notified my policy was now invalid according to Obamacare's requirements so I had to get a new one, it first seemed good even with adding DH and only increased to $305, but I soon discovered it barely covers even emergencies, then each passing year it has increased. Now I am paying nearly  $400 and have been notified it will most likely be increasing by the end of next year. So much for "you can keep your current policies".....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Now I need some whiskey lol.

But I do agree we have done pretty good and we're like 3-4 pages into this lol, that must be a record damn it.

All things aside, I just want to be a kid again, kids don't think about this shit damn it lol. NOBODY WARNED ME!!!! 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

Let me see..... before Obamacare i had Blue Cross & Blue Shield, my insurance for me and Dorian was just under $300 and covered EVERYTHING. After that shit began I was notified my policy was now invalid according to Obamacare's requirements so I had to get a new one, it first seemed good even with adding DH and only increased to $305, but I soon discovered it barely covers even emergencies, then each passing year it has increased. Now I am paying nearly  $400 and have been notified it will most likely be increasing by the end of next year. So much for "you can keep your current policies".....

Your premium only went up $100?!  LUCKY!!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Your premium only went up $100?!  LUCKY!!!

Don't worry, they ain't done yet. I don't ever look at premium or remember it, but our monthly is what has gone up $100 but the coverage went down drastically.

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

Don't worry, they ain't done yet. I don't ever look at premium or remember it, but our monthly is what has gone up $100 but the coverage went down drastically.

Yeah, see, I find that doesn't matter.  Because once I've paid this outrageous premium, I don't really have money left for co-pays anyway... so I can't use most of my "benefits," such as they are. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Coming to this late, but I don't see what's wrong with being "politically correct." Using polite and acceptable terminology? Not insulting people? Why is that suddenly the wrong thing to do?

And I am sure I would tie Lauren and DR for most liberal.

I LOVE Obamacare. My husband lost his job and is diabetic. Before Obama we would have SOL on health insurance.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Mmmmm...beer

The Affordable Care Act has some good parts and some bad parts (I'm not a big Obama fan, but I hate the term "Obamacare").  I like the parts about pre-existing conditions and being able to keep my son on our insurance until he's 26.  But I think it's fundamentally flawed.  The answer to everyone having health care coverage can not be "get insurance or pay a fine", that's not a solution, that's not even a band aid.  No, I don't have a solution, if I did maybe I would run for office, but I know this isn't the way to provide health care for everyone.

What really pisses me off is that we are supposedly one of the greatest nations in the world, and we can't even provide health care, housing, and food for all of the people that live here.  That's really fucking sad.

To take it to a larger scale, this planet has enough resources for everyone, regardless of what some people would say.  There is no reason for anyone in the world to be without shelter, food, or healthcare.  Well, there is a reason, some people suck.

Sorry for the rant, this is why I don't talk politics. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

catwhoorg

Labrat

I don't take sides I don't vote for someone simply because of their party affiliation, but all I know is I don't think I want Trump making the call on whether or not to drop a bomb on someone.

Him and Putin mano e mano with nukes ?

No thank you.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

catwhoorg

Labrat

Trump isn't the equivalent of a no experienced accountant. He knows business and how to handle money and investments, or at least knows the experts, something our government knows nothing about apparently. He supposedly knows the other top businessmen of other countries and if he can bring back big manufacturing and other trades that built this country, then we'll have jobs, and that makes DH happy. If he can do that.....

I don't like, can't stand Hillary and if Bernie thinks we're the richest country, being 17 trillion or so in debt, he is smoking crack.

BUT I will not argue or fight, there is a reason we don't talk politics here and obviously I am the only Republican/conservative   well, I'll be voting that way, haven't really had much hope in our politicians since I was able to vote......

He could start be reversing all the outsourcing he did.

Trump brand dress  shirts made in China and Mexico., seriously the guy is so hypocritical.

The only thing he cares about is $ and himself. Giving more spotlight is doing both.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

DavePNW

The Affordable Care Act has some good parts and some bad parts (I'm not a big Obama fan, but I hate the term "Obamacare").  I like the parts about pre-existing conditions and being able to keep my son on our insurance until he's 26.  But I think it's fundamentally flawed.  The answer to everyone having health care coverage can not be "get insurance or pay a fine", that's not a solution, that's not even a band aid.  No, I don't have a solution, if I did maybe I would run for office, but I know this isn't the way to provide health care for everyone.

What really pisses me off is that we are supposedly one of the greatest nations in the world, and we can't even provide health care, housing, and food for all of the people that live here.  That's really fucking sad.

^ this. It's why every single other developed country has gone to a single-payer universal coverage health care. Obamacare, sorry, the ACA, was an attempt to cover more people, while minimizing disruption to the current industry (i.e. satisfying the powerful insurance company lobby). It is for sure a sub-par solution; conservatives hate it because it "goes too far", liberals hate it because it "doesn't go far enough". But it's the only thing that anyone could come up with to increase the number of people covered, and be able to pass both houses of Congress (and even then just barely, with Democratic majorities).

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I did mention skeptical, didn't I? 

And yes I have a problem with all this politically correct bs, I'd rather someone be blunt and honest, not tiptoe around everyone's feelings. Even if it means being an asshole sometimes, hell I married probably one of the most uncouth, blatantly and brutally honest people you'd ever know, and there is not a single person in this world I trust more, he comes off as an asshole most times but he'll be the first to give you the shirt off his back or what's left in his wallet/bank account or the last bite of food in our fridge. That's why I prefer unfiltered people over politically correct people

Ok, maybe he's a rarity....... lol.

PRs

Tar Heel Mom

kween

And yes I have a problem with all this politically correct bs, I'd rather someone be blunt and honest, not tiptoe around everyone's feelings. Even if it means being an asshole sometimes, hell I married probably one of the most uncouth, blatantly and brutally honest people you'd ever know, and there is not a single person in this world I trust more, he comes off as an asshole most times but he'll be the first to give you the shirt off his back or what's left in his wallet/bank account or the last bite of food in our fridge. That's why I prefer unfiltered people over politically correct people

I think one can be honest without being an asshole. But perhaps it is not possible for everyone.

DavePNW

I have a feeling this part does not describe Donald Trump.

But I know plenty of people with these qualities who are not assholes. There is no correlation. I don't see why being a polite, considerate person should be considered a fault.

Dave

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I have a feeling this part does not describe Donald Trump.

But I know plenty of people with these qualities who are not assholes. There is no correlation. I don't see why being a polite, considerate person should be considered a fault.

+1,000,000