Beginners and Beyond

let's talk politics (without fighting) (Read 104 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Then you have not been listening cause I have heard him say all those things more than once.

I've been listening to his campaign videos where he's going all over over the country that are all over the internet and youtube, unfortunately I have to hear that crap because DH is always listening to it. Of course I tend to tune it out eventually unless I am dragged into the living room or office. He has mentioned Illegal Immigration and the whole crime and rape multiple times though, that I have heard a lot of.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorta getting off subject, but to me, the ACA only addressed the issue of insurance coverage. Actually utilizing the health care system is what needs some serious fixing. If you have co-insurance, you have almost no way of ever knowing what you have to pay until a few months AFTER you are seen. So for something elective, you have almost 0% chance of shopping around. And then with hospital stays, you can do your due diligence and make sure the main providers are in network, but then still get nailed with a huge bill when someone sees you who is out of network (ie. the anethesiologist is out of network, the NICU is out of network, the surgeon who is called in for consult while you are under is out of network, etc).

The prices for medical services seem so out of whack, for a tech to take his vitals, a tetnus shot & fancy band-aids, it cost DH $150 to go to urgent care when he cut his thumb. That doesn't include what insurance paid. Seems a bit excessive to me.

Vet care seems so reasonable by comparison (or we were very lucky with our main vet and the 2nd vet ER). When we took my dog to the pet ER for a UTI on a weekend, the vet gave us an itemized statement of tests/procedures & prices BEFORE doing anything. We vetoed what we did not want (old dog, many infection issues) and only had the vet do what we were comfortable with. Plus they had told us the exam fee up front. So why can't people get that?

I agree with you 100% damn it, I love my vet and wish she'd take care of me 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

DavePNW

Guess you could say the news, or media and the pics of perps they show. I also know people who have came here legally and are pissed off about the whole illegal bs, they worked their asses off to get in and think others should too, or maybe it's more Indians and Asians that feel that way..... I don't know whole lot of Hispanics but I know a good deal of Indians and Asians who feel strongly about this subject.

This is the issue. People hear about individual situations that support a preconceived idea, based on no data, and that reinforces their opinion.

Are there a higher percentage of rapists among illegal immigrants from Mexico than among the general population? I have no idea. I don't think Donald Trump does either. But it didn't stop him from saying it, because he knows people already think so, and will support him for publicly saying out loud what they're thinking. And then it further reinforces that viewpoint, which was based only on a prejudicial notion.

Dave

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Strange, most of those I haven't heard from his mouth during any of his campaign videos and the last part is kind of pretty true. But I know you are only here to start more than just a friendly debate or conversation with me so I won't be responding to anymore of a few certain people.

Honestly, this is just the worst kind of offensive. Blanket generalizations about any group of people are just plain wrong.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Honestly, this is just the worst kind of offensive. Blanket generalizations about any group of people are just plain wrong.

Especially when you are part of or related/friends with thousands in that group.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You know what, no wonder i am the only Republican voter speaking in here. I can now see why any others have kept silent, apparently anybody who is not specifically from here is an illegal even stated otherwise but who gives a shit. Carly person is right, right I am an idiot.... for starting this thread thinking everyone could voice their opinions and views but that was a stupid thought.

PRs

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I am just expressing MY opinion

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

RSX

I'm a Dem but have voted Republican for a bunch of folks including our Governor based on who is better for my family. Voting Republican for President is no big deal as the Dem will win by a landslide here regardless who it is. I don't like Obamacare and hope to see changes regardless who gets in, but doubt anything happens. Elizabeth Warren as VP would scare me more than most of them running for Pres.

StepbyStep-SH

I am registered as a Republican, moderate on most things, and honestly don't want to give my vote to anyone I've heard so far from either party.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MI_Tim

You know what, no wonder i am the only Republican voter speaking in here. I can now see why any others have kept silent, apparently anybody who is not specifically from here is an illegal even stated otherwise but who gives a shit. Carly person is right, right I am an idiot.... for starting this thread thinking everyone could voice their opinions and views but that was a stupid thought.

Seriously.  Why can't these fools just be more politically correct?  And who is this Carly person!?

RSX

Just a hunch that Carly may be a troll. Not going out on a limb or anything just my gut.

obiebyke

I'm left of liberal. Liberal is too conservative for me.

I don't like Obamacare. I want true single payer.

And I am sure I would tie Lauren and DR for most liberal.

I LOVE Obamacare. My husband lost his job and is diabetic. Before Obama we would have SOL on health insurance.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just a hunch that Carly may be a troll. Not going out on a limb or anything just my gut.

You think?  I mean, the real Carly wouldn't be posting here. 

Damaris

RSX

You think?  I mean, the real Carly wouldn't be posting here. 

Well I haven't researched to see if I beat her at 26.2 or not. Don't rush to judgement

RSX

I'm left of liberal. Liberal is too conservative for me.

I don't like Obamacare. I want true single payer.

I want single payer also. MA was the first state to have  Romneycare. I wrote a paper on it in grad school, and got totally into it.