Beginners and Beyond

let's talk politics (without fighting) (Read 104 times)

LRB

Well I haven't researched to see if I beat her at 26.2 or not. Don't rush to judgement

Speaking of that, which candidate is the runner? That sub-3:00 marathon candidate dude made for quite the discussion on the BF back in the day.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I'm left of liberal. Liberal is too conservative for me.

I don't like Obamacare. I want true single payer.

I have to agree with this.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

DavePNW

Speaking of that, which candidate is the runner? That sub-3:00 marathon candidate dude made for quite the discussion on the BF back in the day.

Yeah, that was Paul Ryan, Romney's VP nominee. He is not currently running (for President). Of the current candidates - only Huckabee has run a marathon. Several people who have run for Pres or VP in the past have run them, but the only person actually elected president to run one was GW Bush. He ran a 3:44; I think he was in his 40's at the time, so not too shabby.

Dave

LRB

He ran a 3:44; I think he was in his 40's at the time, so not too shabby.

Yes, I tried to run that (or better lol) for my first two marathons. Notice I said tried.

From the Internet.

DavePNW

Yes, I tried to run that (or better lol) for my first two marathons. Notice I said tried.

And then when you were about the same age as he was, you ran a 3:15. So I'd vote for you over W any day.

Dave

LRB

And then when you were about the same age as he was, you ran a 3:15. So I'd vote for you over W any day.

Yeah but he won a pension, I won a 401k. Difference being that I could wake up tomorrow with absolutely nothing because some ding-a-ling leader in another country got shot FFS.

Real talk though; much respect to G Dub in that regard. You don't just show up at a marathon and run a 3:44.

RSX

Yeah, that was Paul Ryan, Romney's VP nominee. He is not currently running (for President). Of the current candidates - only Huckabee has run a marathon. Several people who have run for Pres or VP in the past have run them, but the only person actually elected president to run one was GW Bush. He ran a 3:44; I think he was in his 40's at the time, so not too shabby.

Yeah Ryan created a spending plan when he ran with Romney. Being a numbers guy you would think he would  never forget his marathon time.

DavePNW

Yeah Ryan created a spending plan when he ran with Romney. Being a numbers guy runner you would think he would  never forget his marathon time.

For realz.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah Ryan created a spending plan when he ran with Romney. Being a numbers guy you would think he would  never forget his marathon time.

If you reviewed his budgets you might notice he wasn't really a numbers guy.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

No you're not, but I typically run my mile pace away from political conversations. Smile  See what I did there.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I tried to warn you...

There has never been a political discussion across the sides that ended well...

There are plenty of us that hunt, fish, and do other non-left promoted activities.    Bringing up politics... is not one of those things

I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal, I never really agree with either party and all of the candidates usually suck.

IMO, Trump is a jackass, there's a difference between not being politically correct, and just being a douchebag.  He knows how to make money, that's about it.

Yes to all of this.

RSX

This is going better than deflate gate. That decide is any day now.