Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies! Dare I ask. (Read 35 times)

LRB

Good morning!

I jogged 15.3 hard miles this morning on very tired legs.  I would have stopped about 12 miles in, but a man has to get home.  That's 37.5 for the week, which is plenty.

Have a great day!

lol

LRB

I got here at 10:11 thinking there was 15 minutes of previews, boy was I wrong! 

Baboon

delicate flower

I've got a long-ish bike and run workout I'm headed out for in a bit.  50 mile ride and 5 mile run by themselves aren't a lot, but brick them together and it's a tough workout.

Done.  46 mile bike at 18.8 mph, 5.4 mile run at 7:10 avg pace on hills.  The entire workout took me 3:06.  I'm tired.

<3

Cyberic

Good morning!

I jogged 15.3 hard miles this morning on very tired legs.  I would have stopped about 12 miles in, but a man has to get home.  That's 37.5 for the week, which is plenty.

Have a great day!

Great work, P_R. I do that too, get tired still 3-4 miles from home. Makes you tougher. Not necessarily faster, or healthier, but tougher. The world needs more tough men!

Cyberic

I ran 10 with my Boston Boost 5s that I have opened up on the sides for more toe room.

Then I went out for 1.3 miles with the new Altras. So far so good.

I will see the movie when it is on Netflix.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got here at 10:11 thinking there was 15 minutes of previews, boy was I wrong! 

The earliest movie of the day has almost no previews.

Damaris

DavePNW

The earliest movie of the day has almost no previews.

It felt like about 30 min of previews for me. I enjoy the trailers, but I was really ready for the freaking movie.

Dave

sdWhiskers

4 easy miles after sleeping 10 hours. It's already hot AF out there. Thinking we'll head to the beach in a little.

To enjoy Avengers, did I need to see the previous 25 movies? In the last few years, I've only seen Deadpool, Ant man and both Guardians.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It felt like about 30 min of previews for me. I enjoy the trailers, but I was really ready for the freaking movie.

That’s normal for previews. But the 10-11 movie (he first of the day) normally has 5-10 mins only. We have gotten late to movies at that time and miss the start.

Damaris

DavePNW

To enjoy Avengers, did I need to see the previous 25 movies? In the last few years, I've only seen Deadpool, Ant man and both Guardians.

Only 18! Of related ("Marvel Cinematic Universe") movies anyway. Deadpool does not count, not part of the MCU. You definitely get more out of it having seen the previous MCU movies, but you'll probably enjoy it just fine.

Dave

DavePNW

But the 10-11 movie (he first of the day) normally has 5-10 mins only. We have gotten late to movies at that time and miss the start.

That seems weird, IDK why that would be. Anyway, we are always early to movies. Especially to popular ones, because we do NOT want to end up in the front row.

Oh, and for those seeing it, who may not know the drill, DON'T FORGET TO STAY TILL THE VERY END OF THE CREDITS!!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That seems weird, IDK why that would be. Anyway, we are always early to movies. Especially to popular ones, because we do NOT want to end up in the front row.

Oh, and for those seeing it, who may not know the drill, DON'T FORGET TO STAY TILL THE VERY END OF THE CREDITS!!

There is hardly anyone at the 10am or 11am Saturday matinee, so that's when we go because we only seat where we want or come back another time.

Damaris

zzyzx

Al of our theatres have reserved seating.

I'm mostly over the cold but today was a little reminder that I've been awful. I broke my run into 2 chunks. 1 4 mile at 8:44, one 3 mile at 9:06. Not my fastest times and a mile shorter than I really would have wanted but I've been having trouble breathing so I'll take it for this week.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate the ones with reserved seating.  We never plan or get there early enough to choose seats so glad my shopping mall with the IMAX and the 19 screens has not gone that way.

Damaris

zzyzx

Oh I'm a planner so it's never an issue.