Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Have you tried racing 2 weeks after a marathon before?  I wouldn't be able to do it.

My current 5K PR came two weeks after Philly.  I have a duathlon on May 17 (three weeks post-marathon).  5K run, 16 mile bike, 5K run.  Maybe I'll just wait for that.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Oh, 5.3 miles at 7:34 pace this afternoon.  Mediumish effort.  Windy today!

<3

GinnyinPA

Today was a RD/XT day, so DH and I took the dog for a short hike in the mountains.  Glorious day - 75 and sunny.  No leaves on the trees yet, but a couple of wildflowers.

LRB

Today was a RD/XT day, so DH and I took the dog for a short hike in the mountains.  Glorious day - 75 and sunny.  No leaves on the trees yet, but a couple of wildflowers. 

No tulips here yet or even crocus for that matter.

LRB

My current 5K PR came two weeks after Philly. 

Okay that's what it was.  Shit if you are feeling it go for it again why wait, you can obviously handle it.

Zelanie

Okay that's what it was.  Shit if you are feeling it go for it again why wait, you can obviously handle it.

On the other hand, taking some time for recovery at the start of his current cycle seems to be paying huge dividends.

onemile

Oh, 5.3 miles at 7:34 pace this afternoon.  Mediumish effort.  Windy today!

Maybe your recovery post-marathon is shorter since you so often run near marathon pace.

cjones1

Enjoy the rest CJ. Do you do anything differently race week in terms of nutrition, massage etc.?

No not really.  Most of my race experience has been 5k so it's pretty much business as usual.  In general, I'm just hoping not to do anything stupid.

Of course, everybody at my house is sick right now. I'm going nuclear with the hand sanitizer. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

happylily

So I decided to listen to Step, because I love that woman and I want her to know that I miss her here. Come back, Shari!  You are doing so well with your cross-training, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who could use the inspiration.

So I scrapped the LR and instead ran 8 at 8:23. I was sweating buckets and I still have a knot in the stomach (but no more cramps).

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Back is still all jacked up.  Argh.

It may heal itself sooner than you think.  Was there some sort of injury or just its usual fickleness?

StepbyStep-SH

So I decided to listen to Step, because I love that woman and I want her to know that I miss her here. Come back, Shari!  You are doing so well with your cross-training, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who could use the inspiration.

So I scrapped the LR and instead ran 8 at 8:23. I was sweating buckets and I still have a knot in the stomach (but no more cramps).

I'm glad you at least scaled back! Maybe I'll have to stick around, just to shake my finger at you! Smile

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I just saw the Terminator Genesis trailer. Why is Arnold Schwarzenegger playing a robot at the not so young age of 820?

FFS.

adkkev

I just saw the Terminator Genesis trailer. Why is Arnold Schwarzenegger playing a robot at the not so young age of 820?

FFS.

Because he can?

Hip Redux

It may heal itself sooner than you think.  Was there some sort of injury or just its usual fickleness?

We tried dead lifting on friday.  It doesn't take much to irritate it, though it had been a while since my last flare.

LRB

Because he can?

Leonard Nimoy did it so yes, I suppose so.

In terms of the movie the last film in the series attempted to finally take a leap ahead, this one appears to have gone back to square one. I guess that is par for the course though as this franchise has been all over the place in its four iterations to date.