Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Train smart, race hard, eat sh*t up! (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have never seen it.

I'll try to take a picture sometime.  I cannot find my older one.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I Was Not Was.

Yeah it is purely an individual thing and certainly not a judgement on those who choose to stand pat.

Every walked the dinosaur!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is a nice trail, Shari.  I wish I have some trails closer to me.  Soon!

Damaris

Rick, sweet seven. I can't wait to read your post-track review of the DS Racers.

Lauren710, I hope that you walk soon.

Zelanie, enjoy running with the kids.

Andrew, excellent eight. A speedy and complete recovery to your friend.

jjs22, wow. 2.5 hours?!?

Slymoon Runs, sometimes, rolling can be a workout.

outoftheblue, great four-miler. Yay for yummy asparagus.

Damaris, brava on the 12.25. I'm happy that the kitties are well. What did you order?

Shari, beautiful twelve.

I did the hill two blocks from work four times. 1,00 mile in 10:32.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OK, this one of the bird pics.  Anything that looks black above the electric wires and sky are birds.  I don't think I even captured 50% of the amounts of birds sitting there looking at you while you wait for the light.

Damaris

LRB

Wow!  Creepy.

StepbyStep-SH

I like my birds better.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me today.

Marjorie

B-Plus

What up peeplets!

7 easy done and the first run in my new DS Racers.  They are racing flats so I really cannot judge them as today was an easy run.  I will thus reserve judgement until I get them bad boys on the track this weekend.

Keep us posted! 8-9 later.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy damn day! Miss one day of work and come back to a pile of stuff to do.  I'm just eating lunch now and it's nearly 2:30 pm here, sheesh!  By the time I finish lunch it will be almost time to go home, lol, since I get off work at 4  PM.  Plan on going over to the university main campus and doing about 3 - 4 miles of hill-work.  Local weather folks say thunderstorms threatening this afternoon and we may reach 92 degrees.  I hope the storms hold off until after my run/walk!

And another shooting at Fort Hood here in Texas, so darn sad and bad.  Fort Sam Houston is the one in San Antonio.  Fort Hood is in Killeen, which is about a 3- hour drive from San Antonio.  I've stayed up there before and done some runs up there.  It is a very nice area.  So sad this had to happen again to those folks up there who had to deal with this type of situation only 4 years ago.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!

I did 8 Easy on the TM this morning.

Got a call last night from a family friend. He left a VM saying that had a heart attack and he needed his sleep apnea machine from his apartment (I have keys). Holy crap! I called as soon as I woke up and they got him a machine. I'll call in a bit to see what he needs. It's not every day that someone leaves a message saying they had a heart attack!

Scary!

Hope your friend is doing okay.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Looks like a nice place to run, Step!   Thanks for sharing the photos.

Where I started my run - I love going over this bridge.

One of the eagles I saw, and if you look at the sky, you can see the dozens, or hundreds, of ducks that took off as I reached that area.

LRB

One of the eagles I saw....

That is really cool!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Update on my friend who had a heart attack: He was able to call 911 for himself. They came and got him in to the OR. They put 2 shunts in and gave him 2 shots of morphine (even though he just weened himself off of it last year). They say he's recovering very well and they expect him to be discharged tomorrow. That's fast!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Update on my friend who had a heart attack: He was able to call 911 for himself. They came and got him in to the OR. They put 2 shunts in and gave him 2 shots of morphine (even though he just weened himself off of it last year). They say he's recovering very well and they expect him to be discharged tomorrow. That's fast!

Good news.

Damaris