Beginners and Beyond

The Onemile and Zelanie SunDAILIES show (Read 49 times)

LRB

Is it rolling hills, kinda like Boston?

Boston was a cakewalk compared to this stupid fucking thing...well, nothing about a MARATHON is a cakewalk but you know what I mean. 

onemile

Boston was a cakewalk compared to this stupid fucking thing...well, nothing about a MARATHON is a cakewalk but you know what I mean. 

I thought it was going to be like Boston without the Newton hills but not at all.

But the truth still is that I went out too fast for this course

onemile

DavePNW

I had always heard that CIM was a fast course, and was wondering if I should put it on the list. Thanks for test-driving it for me, guys!

Dave

DavePNW

Dave

Cyberic

I thought it was going to be like Boston without the Newton hills but not at all.

That's what I thought too after you said it was hilly, yet net downhill. Worse than Boston, eech.

MTA: Why advertise as fast downhill course if it's not the case? The answer is obviously for money, but it really sucks.

LRB

Sounds like someone is ready to step into politics.

Actually I'm a straight-shooter, so I would suck at that. 

LRB

That's what I thought too after you said it was hilly, yet net downhill. Worse than Boston, eech.

MTA: Why advertise as fast downhill course if it's not the case? The answer is obviously for money, but it really sucks.

It probably is for the people out here (or someone from the east coast,  Ohio or Tennessee), so it's relative.

LRB

I had always heard that CIM was a fast course, and was wondering if I should put it on the list. Thanks for test-driving it for me, guys!

lol - I wasn't here for a PR (or anything close to it), I was loving life in So Cal & 'Frisco before driving over. Jenny on the other hand, got robbed. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon thanks you.

Indeed.  And that's how you post-marathon.

<3

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to LRB too.

Lost Dutchman was like that: net downhill, but there were definitely hills 1025' down and 530 up, according to Garmin. If not for the heat, it wouldn't have been bad, but with heat and no shade, those hills were hard.

Zelanie

It probably is relative. I think it's the easiest course of the 3 I have run. None of the hills are steep or long. They are constant, though. For 16 miles you are going either up or down.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry, but nothing in California should be considered fast or flat.  Maybe Surf City, but not flat by any means.  I have not seen the course but I was in Sacramento and that shit ain't flat.

Damaris

Congratulations  Onemile ,  Zelanie and LRB!

Ric-G

Anyway, that course sucks BALLS. In Michigan it would be considered hilly as hell, so those who claim it to be a PR course are likely from the Himalayas!

funny stuff...that sucker rolled a helluva lot more than advertised when I ran it years ago...and I stunk it up bad that time.

marathon pr - 3:16