Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins (Read 18 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Not sure what I'll do today. Haven't ran any this week. Work and injuries keep getting in the way.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and my first run of the week.  Got home at 10pm yesterday.  Grrr.

PADRunner, hope you feel better soon.

Damaris

Zelanie

Sorry, PAD!  Hope the rest of your week improves.

D- Congrats on NOLA, BTW!  Enjoy the run tonight.

Ginny- Glad you're starting to feel better!

Scotty- Glad you're OK and the driver got his just desserts.

I ran my 5 x 1000 last night, and it went well.  It was super windy- power had gone out at my school for about 3 hours yesterday.  Tonight I have 5.1 even though it's my RD so that I can rest on Friday.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I didn't get my walk yesterday (slacker!) because DH was in the middle of cooking dinner when I got home.  I feel like I'm swimming upstream with all the stuff I have to do, for chorus, quartet, and work.  Some days I make headway against the current, but others not so much.  I think today is going to be a slippage day!  Quartet rehearsal tonight!

PAD -- sorry about your work and injuries!!

Docket -- Sounds like a long day.  Enjoy Pilates and your first run!!

Zelanie -- Wow, no power at school?  That's some wind!!  Have a good shifted 5.1!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I'll be running 7ish pretty soon.  I'm just waiting for the winds to die down a little bit!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Not sure what I'll do today. Haven't ran any this week. Work and injuries keep getting in the way.

The workouts are kicking into high gear.  Take your time and recover!

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

My ear is doing a weird thing and I don't like it D: It feels like an eyelid twitch, but behind my eardrum. Dr. Google says it's stress, caffeine, a cold, or an ear tumor. Being stressed out about an ear tumor should tell me whether it's stress or not! Seriously though I think it's probably just sinus related, I felt like junk yesterday so might be fighting off a cold.

Planning to get in a recovery jog later today and probably bench press at the gym. Lab is moving tomorrow, so my motivation to bother doing anything useful today is in the garbage.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I'll be running 7ish pretty soon.  I'm just waiting for the winds to die down a little bit!

Done, really windy.  I should have worn gloves.  I'm glad it is done with.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)