Beginners and Beyond

Christmas meals, what? TuesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

FINALLY a holiday I don't celebrate! (Still pisses me off that I have to work tomorrow, though, because I don't celebrate it.)

9 on the AlterG. Painful because chafing happened yesterday. Also makes wearing a climbing harness rather uncomfortable.

My credit card is still smoking: I just registered for Jerusalem and booked my flight and hotel.

Half or marathon? Assuming half  but for the sake of clarity...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just determined that I might need more egg nog. Think I'll find any on Christmas Eve? lolololol

I can give you the recipe for coquito (which is Puerto Rican eggnog) and it's easier and you'll never go with eggnog ever again...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Birthday, HCK!

We don't really celebrate with a dinner so I'll make the same old same old food tonight and tomorrow. Heading out to run some errands and later I have 6 or 10 miles.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Half or marathon? Assuming half  but for the sake of clarity...

Half, of course. I had to choose my anticipated finish time and I went with 1:16-1:30 even though I know that's not happening, because the next option was 1:30-1:50 and I'm so tired of always being dumped in corral C behind the 2:20 pacer

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

Happy Birthday HC!  I'm another December birthday who was early - supposedly a full month early so nothing was prepared for my arrival. I slept in my sister's doll bed. Christmas Eve must have been hard though. Did you only get one present from everyone or did they make sure you got both a birthday present and a Christmas present?

delicate flower

Happy Birthday, HCK!

I agree with this!!!

<3

DavePNW

HBD HCK!

7 miles.

Dave

LRB

Half, of course. I had to choose my anticipated finish time and I went with 1:16-1:30 even though I know that's not happening, because the next option was 1:30-1:50 and I'm so tired of always being dumped in corral C behind the 2:20 pacer

Will you ever run the marathon there, or is that course a nonstarter? You're on record as saying you prefer hills to a flat course by the way. 

LRB

HBD HCK!

7 miles.

How's the running been down there other than hot? When do you head back west?

I had bought 2 boneless ribeye roasts to roast one rare/medium rare, and one medium... the Christmas dinner stands, but last night the wife said why not cut them up and have steaks on the grill?  going to be mid 40s here tomorrow so that is the plan.

5 mi stream grade, my right calf has been funk for the last two days, felt fine while running this morning but back to funky afterwards...sooo no dirt, bumps nor gutters for a bit

DavePNW

How's the running been down there other than hot? When do you head back west?

It was regular Florida the first couple days, but has since cooled off, with a lot of rain, and a lot of wind. Cool by FL standards, still steamy for me, but not too bad. We fly back tomorrow evening.

Dave

Cyberic

HCK, 44 huh? Starting to lean more towards older than young. Happy Birthday 

Cooking vegan pea soup right now. But since I'm too hungry to wait for it, I'm eating leftover... turkey. So much for veganism  

sdWhiskers

7 miles with 6 x 400 at 5k. Woof. First speed session in daylight in months.

HBD HCK!

LRB

I ran 10.

I went out for 8 but at the 7 mile mark decided to run tomorrow's miles today. I didn't know my splits until I uploaded the run and was surprised at how good I felt two days removed from a track session.

LRB

It was regular Florida the first couple days, but has since cooled off, with a lot of rain, and a lot of wind. Cool by FL standards, still steamy for me, but not too bad. We fly back tomorrow evening.

Which means you'll get home tomorrow evening. Ilove flying west for that reason alone.