Beginners and Beyond

Finally FriDailies (Read 21 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Speaking of baseball, MrW and kid went to a game on Wed this week, where it was sunny and warmer midday. He said there were probably 20 men sitting in his area that took off their shirts because it was warm. And not because they were super fans and had their bellies painted or something. Is this a thing? wth 

I can't say I ever saw anyone shirtless at Ravens games. I sort of felt bad for one guy during pre-season games, I assume his wife told him, fine you can go to the game, but you have to bring the toddler. Our seats were near the top of the stadium, poor guy was always soaked from hiking up the stadium with the kid in a backpack-type carrier. I wouldn't have blamed him for taking his totally soaked shirt off.

I have plenty of neighbors who do yardwork shirtless. I also had a weirdo next door who did some sort of shirtless yoga/pilates in his underwar in the back yard. He needed to keep his clothes on The neighbor that replaced the weirdo rarely did yardwork shirtless, which was unfortunate I would have much preferred seeing him than my neighbor who looked 9 months pregnant.

DavePNW

BTW since everyone's talking about shitty race weather...the 2-week forecast even if it was worth a damn doesn't quite go out to my marathon date yet, but that Friday shows low 51, high 66, partly cloudy. If that's real, I can't complain much, especially this time of year. Start time is 7:30, in waves, and I assume based on predicted finish time because they just sent an email today asking for it to be submitted. So hopefully I'll be able to get out early.

Baboon will recall what happened to the long-term forecast for Boston in 2019, so I'm mentally preparing for anything.

Dave

KCRuns

I swam 1100m this morning.  I might go for a walk later, but no running today.

Good luck racing tomorrow, Baboon & Fred!

Daffy, Walmart has tons of food colors, they are on the aisle with all the Wilton and other specialty baking supplies.  If you go to a craft or other specialty store, I highly recommend the brand Americolor.

HCK, Walmart and some grocery stores do have pectin, it's on the aisle with all the canning jars (by bakeware), not on the regular baking aisle.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Hello Friday Party People!

Fred, good luck in your 10K tomorrow!  I am looking at similar weather for my HM tomorrow, although it should start out in the low 60's so I am hoping I an be done before it gets too warm.  High of 90!!

As far as today's exercising goes, I swam 2500 yards this morning after dropping DW off at the airport.  4 day bachelor weekend for me!!  I will go for a short shakeout run before lunch.

BRB, got a meeting........

Good luck to you too, Baboon.  I wish we were starting earlier for cooler temps, but for a 10k in the middle of nowhere, I guess 9:00 is the best I can expect.

Thanks to all for the good luck wishes.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Scotch Plains 5k, 6/12; Firecracker 4-miler, 7/4

Half Crazy K 2.0

KCRuns, I never had a use for pectin until last summer. I swear I had seen it in the grocery store I go to, but they didn't have it or the alternative clear gelatin. I had several grocery store employess look at me like I had 3 heads when I asked about pectin. They also didn't have the usual selection of mason jars for canning either--I made do with what I had, but you need a fair amount for dealing with 32 lbs of grapes.

onemile

BTW since everyone's talking about shitty race weather...the 2-week forecast even if it was worth a damn doesn't quite go out to my marathon date yet, but that Friday shows low 51, high 66, partly cloudy. If that's real, I can't complain much, especially this time of year. Start time is 7:30, in waves, and I assume based on predicted finish time because they just sent an email today asking for it to be submitted. So hopefully I'll be able to get out early.

what is your predicted finish time?

DavePNW

what is your predicted finish time?

I was going to add it to my post but I figured I'd just wait for you to ask.  3:20.

Dave

onemile

I was going to add it to my post but I figured I'd just wait for you to ask.  3:19:59.

Approve.

DavePNW

Dave

KCRuns

KCRuns, I never had a use for pectin until last summer. I swear I had seen it in the grocery store I go to, but they didn't have it or the alternative clear gelatin. I had several grocery store employess look at me like I had 3 heads when I asked about pectin. They also didn't have the usual selection of mason jars for canning either--I made do with what I had, but you need a fair amount for dealing with 32 lbs of grapes.

No plain gelatin either? That is a sub-par grocery store!

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon will recall what happened to the long-term forecast for Boston in 2019, so I'm mentally preparing for anything.

It's always fun to keep checking like four times a day though.  I bought a rain jacket for Boston because of that forecast.  Needless to say I did not need it, but that jacket has since gotten a lot of use.

Re: marathon, I've confirmed with WORK that employees will get free entries to Hartford.  Score!!  So between not getting into Boston and Hartford being free, that's a $375 swing in my direction.  

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

3 over easy for me this morning, some weights and then 50 minutes of PT focused on glutes and hammies. All with my shirt on!

Fred and Baboon, good luck in your races. It is really good to see that phrase again.

sdWhiskers

I am a bit surprised you're surprised, considering you live in Beach World, and I'd think there'd be a lot of that.

There is...but in the stadium   Rules to get in have gotten stricter...I can't even bring my wallet in anymore because it's 1 inch too big ffs. But nipples are fine? Just seemed very weird in such a public establishment.

DavePNW

Re: marathon, I've confirmed with WORK that employees will get free entries to Hartford.  Score!!  So between not getting into Boston and Hartford being free, that's a $375 swing in my direction.  

Next time my wife complains about how much money I spend on running, I’m going to list all the races I’m not doing and point out how much I’ve saved. 

Cool on the free one though!

Dave

onemile

if you need a way to spend that extra money, the Next% 2 are GREAT.