Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES Word of the DAY (Read 46 times)

LRB

Crack-a-lackin'; as in let's get it!

LRB

I'm about to hit Route #1 for 7.5. You?

Cyberic

Some easy running at lunch break

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

After seeing that I have ran 7 days straight and my legs have handled it nicely, I decided I would give them an RD today.

I did go to the gym for an hour and 10 minutes,  focusing on shoulders and delts with some calf raises and leg curls.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

8m with 5@ HMP in the rain. Felt good.  Now I'm back in my warm bed with a sleeping (finally) baby boy for a few minutes before the workday starts.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

Hello again, my friends of the internet universe!  I'm feeling like kind of a wimp lately for being unwilling to brave the elements and run outside.  Four treadmill runs in the last week, and I did 5 easy miles on the belt this morning before work.  Cold weather and wind can bite me.  Speaking of weather, the current forecast is up to five inches of snow Friday night, just in time for my HM Saturday.  JHFC.

<3

delicate flower

Also, a guy in the gym locker room this morning was asking me all sorts of questions about pre and post run stretching, because I am a runner and am therefore an expert on such things.  What I wanted to say was, "Stretching?  LMFAO!"

<3

Little Blue

Also, a guy in the gym locker room this morning was asking me all sorts of questions about pre and post run stretching, because I am a runner and am therefore an expert on such things.  What I wanted to say was, "Stretching?  LMFAO!"

Did you tell him that pre-run static stretching is really important?

I'm gonna go do something in a little while.  Not sure what yet.

Cyberic

Zelanie

JHFC.

Ugh.  This winter hates you guys.  Luckily I saw some graffiti on my last LR that has some good advice: WTFWJD.

Yesterday I worked all day, drive coworkers up to our conference, sat through the conference keynote, and still managed to run 8.5 on the super-smooth hotel TM.  I told myself I would just go down and run 2 since it was late, but then ended up having one of those days where my legs felt mysteriously good so I just kept going.

From the Internet.

Just finished 8.55 with 5 at GHMP. So much easier mentally to do long tempo type workouts outside than on the treadmill, though I definitely did not appreciate the hills at the beginning. I keeeled that son of a gun - goal pace is 8:23, first mile was 8:33 due to aforementioned hills, middle 3 were all 8:23/24, last one was 8:18.

Rolled my right ankle stepping on a rock at the very end, it feels fine now but keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't turn into anything bad - might take tomorrow off just to be safe.

LRB

LMFAO!"

This in a nutchell describes each of my runs this week.

LRB

As far as not doing pre and post-run stretches, in my experience it's not a problem, until it is.

outoftheblue

6 easy miles planned for today.  Then, I really need to actually sign up for this HM and stop talking about it.  I want to be able to enter races  without feeling like its a waste unless I've prepared for them with some grueling 18 week plan.

Life is good.

delicate flower

As far as not doing pre and post-run stretches, in my experience it's not a problem, until it is.

I told him I do not stretch pre or post run, ever.  What I do is sit on the living room floor every night for 30 minutes of stretching and rolling.  I do honestly believe this helps keep me relatively injury free with my higher than average volume.  Also, with my twice-repaired knee, I work the hell out of it to keep it flexible and limber.

<3