Beginners and Beyond

MonDailies (Read 31 times)

onemile

I ran 7.2

Got a visit from Mr. Cling at mile 2. That's when the entire top third of your singlet sticks to you all at once without notice thanks to the sweat that you didn't realize was there. You then spend the duration of the run following the wicking action down your torso, into your shorts and ultimately your legs and even your socks depending on the length of the run. Isn't July and August running just awesome?

dew dew into the 50's by tomorrow 

LRB

dew dew into the 50's by tomorrow 

Yee haw!

DavePNW

I've never known of a time when clothes don't sting to me while running. Wink

That Mr. Cling is surely a stalked; follows me everywhere.

That will come to an end soon! At least as a year-round thing.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

If my arches start aching, it's usually because I've been walking around barefoot too much, either in the house or the beach. My feet are happier to at least be in flip flops. YMMV

that could be part of it, although, unfortunately, the beach isn't an issue...I've also been doing a home project (repair/repaint a screen porch) the last few weekends that may be part of the problem as it has involved a lot of up/down,kneeling, squatting, etc...just one more weekend of it, I hope!

RunningOnSand

Do any of you have a handheld water bottle (16~ oz) that you like? I need to carry one for my marathon...spam me!

Also does anyone have the Naked Running band? I'm considering getting one, and loading up all my Maurten gu's in there for the race. I have the Flipbelt but I don't think it'll fit all my gus. The Maurten packets seem like they're bigger, and you take those every 30 min so need more of them.

sdWhiskers

Do any of you have a handheld water bottle (16~ oz) that you like? I need to carry one for my marathon...spam me!

Also does anyone have the Naked Running band? I'm considering getting one, and loading up all my Maurten gu's in there for the race. I have the Flipbelt but I don't think it'll fit all my gus. The Maurten packets seem like they're bigger, and you take those every 30 min so need more of them.

No and no.

Do you still have BQ as the goal? Or taking it a bit more relaxed?

LRB

RunningOnSand

No and no.

Do you still have BQ as the goal? Or taking it a bit more relaxed?

well, it's a pipe dream. I'm not sure it's realistic for this race, though. I'll still try my damndest. Smile

From the Internet.

RoS I have a 10oz FuelBelt handheld that I like. Some of the newer soft flask handhelds look interesting too though - might be less annoying to carry but also might be trickier to refill while moving. Have heard good things about the Naked band.

onemile

Your marathon doesn't have aid stations?

Cyberic

I have the Naked Running Band, and it is one of these pieces of running gear I actually use.

I pack my keys, phone, driver's license and gus in there. Most races I don't use the bag check anymore. You just need the right size. I went in a LRS and tried 4  before I chose the one that felt the best.

You can even stuff in water bottles in there. For my last 50K, I said I was carrying a handheld, but actually it was one of those hard bottles from hydration belts. I'd stuff it in the back pocket of the Naked Band and it was great.

sdWhiskers

I have the Naked Running Band, and it is one of these pieces of running gear I actually use.

Is this the belt that you said doesn't open/close so you have to step into it? Is that annoying?

DavePNW

I have this one from Amphipod. I don't use it for marathons, I just rely on water stations. I carry it typically for LRs of 18+, or 16+ w/MP, or sometimes less if it's really warm. The handle unzips for a small compartment to keep money or 1-2 Gu packets or whatever. I'd rather not carry anything, but it does the job well enough.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Your marathon doesn't have aid stations?

It does, but it's ~ 2.5-3 mi and if it's a hot day I'll want water more frequently than that. They actually suggest carrying your own.

RunningOnSand

I pack my keys, phone, driver's license and gus in there. Most races I don't use the bag check anymore. You just need the right size. I went in a LRS and tried 4  before I chose the one that felt the best.

You can even stuff in water bottles in there. For my last 50K, I said I was carrying a handheld, but actually it was one of those hard bottles from hydration belts. I'd stuff it in the back pocket of the Naked Band and it was great.

this is the thing that concerns me--trying to figure out the correct size. I was on RW and there are a million different sizes. Good idea on going to a LRS to try some on. And excellent about stuffing in a handheld to your hydration belt!