Beginners and Beyond

Running a race shirtless (or for the ladies, in a sports bra)... (Read 85 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Get nipple rings and attach the bib to them.

Yeah, I'll get right on it.

workinprogress11

Better yet, wear a heart rate monitor and pin the bib to the strap 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Get nipple rings and attach the bib to them.

Ha.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I pin my Bib to the side of my shorts, i feel better doing that. I'll start out with a shirt but soon take it off and use it as a sweat rag.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

#artbydmcbride

Please, all of you guys feel free to run shirtless.  Thank you! 

Runners run

Brilliant

Well it depends.  Sometimes I see a shirtless guy and think, "Please sir, put a shirt on."

Mmmmm...beer

I tell my wife all the time that it's really a community service I'm providing! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

At one time the AAU, precursor to the USATF, had a rule against racing without a shirt. That's why in old race photos you'll sometimes see shirts with holes cut out. That was before mesh shirts were invented.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

At one time the AAU, precursor to the USATF, had a rule against racing without a shirt. That's why in old race photos you'll sometimes see shirts with holes cut out. That was before mesh shirts were invented.

My coach alluded to the holes cut into Galen Rupps singlet during the marathon trials, being 'old school' and what ' they used to do back in the 60's and 70's'.

kettledrum

Do whatever is most comfortable to you.  I don't think anyone else would even bat an eye.

As for myself, the only times I have run shirtless is when it is warmer out and I forgot to put on some glide.  If I didn't take my shirt off my nipples would be very unhappy.  Although I may have blinded a few people with my ghost-like complexion!  I didn't care - it's not like I know anyone, and will probably never see them again...

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Do whatever is most comfortable to you.  I don't think anyone else would even bat an eye.

As for myself, the only times I have run shirtless is when it is warmer out and I forgot to put on some glide.  If I didn't take my shirt off my nipples would be very unhappy.  Although I may have blinded a few people with my ghost-like complexion!  I didn't care - it's not like I know anyone, and will probably never see them again...

That's exactly where I'm coming from.  I'm not a warm weather person and like I said in the OP, if felt really good running without a shirt in that cool morning temp of the high 50's. I just might do it on race day.

ap4

That's exactly where I'm coming from.  I'm not a warm weather person and like I said in the OP, if felt really good running without a shirt in that cool morning temp of the high 50's. I just might do it on race day.

And then one of your students finds the link to race photos. And then there's this buddy with Photoshop skills. So much fun to be had.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hmmm... Depending on the weather I might go shirtless. My only concern is the bib on the shorts, but I will take D2's advice and fold it. No, there won't be a picture. I would never do that to you nice people.

Jack, I vaguely remember from several months ago, your daughter seeing you running and commenting on your "white shirt"  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I imagine many Miamians were unhappy. A shirt here can mean certain death by exploding.

Damaris

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I dig the look