Beginners and Beyond

Do Penguins Pecan on Tuesdays? (Read 23 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Actually, pecans are one of the few things I'm not that fond of.

Yesterday the legs felt good, so I ran 6.  Tonight should be between 6 and 10.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. Pilates in a few, asthma doctor and some miles tonight.  Taking today off work was a great idea.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Fast fly-by, instrument training today!  First PT appointment this afternoon, so that should be interesting.  Later, all!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy April 14th!  Today is National Pecan Day!

How to make a Penguin from a Pecan:  http://craftycupboard.net/2012/11/how-to-make-penguin-ornament-from-pecan/

DIY Penguin Ornament by the Crafty Cupboard

Other holidays for April 14:

International Moment of Laughter Day

Image result for Penguin laugh

National Be Kind To Lawyers Day - Everyone give Damaris a kiss!

qkly – why have fun slowly? }

National Dolphin Day

National Library Day

Pathologists' Assistant Day

posted in club penguin news tagged club penguin mad scientist penguins ...

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day from running yesterday but got a bit of exercise in by mowing my lawn that got out of control with all the rain we've had.  Good thing I did it yesterday, my area is supposed to get more rain off-and-on the rest of this week.  Weather is still pretty nice, though; today for my run/walk after work it will be a pleasant 80 degrees with dewpoint only in the 50s and humidity in the 40 percent range, sweeet.

I'm not that fond of pecans either, Z.   Glad your legs are feeling good, enjoy the miles tonite.

Happy day off, Damaris!  Enjoy the pilates and miles!  Hope your appointment goes well!  Appointment...that reminds me I've got to make mine for my spine injections...yeah...fun stuff...

Good luck with PT, HsM!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Zel: Good to see the mpw is back up there. Are you planning your next big race or do you have anything on the calendar?

D: Welcome home and enjoy the day off. Those are always nice. Actually, this Friday will be a day off for me. I think I feel a cold coming on. Wink

Scotty: Sounds like some decent running weather if you can avoid the rain.

HsM: Good luck with the PT.

As for me, 8 miles on the track last night. Round and round and round and round...  It's not too bad.  We'll see about getting some more tonight.

See ya.

PADRunner

Morning, I like pecans but had walnuts this morning in my oatmeal.

3 done this morning something tonight with the group.

GinnyinPA

I like all nuts, especially pecans in things like pecan pie and pecan pralines.  DH won't eat any nuts though, so I don't get them often.

Z - enjoy your 6-10 tonight.

Scotty - I Hope that you get out before the rain.  Did you ever get an answer from the doctors about the fevers?

D - have fun at pilates and on your run.  I hope the asthma doctor can help get you through spring allergy season.

HopesMom - I hope the PT can help your knee.

Jack - eight miles is good.  How did the knee behave?

AFM:  A gray and rainy morning here.  If it clears up, I'll probably go to town to run my four.  If not, I'll be on the TM.

tracilynn

I love all kinds of nuts and it's hard for me to not eat a whole container. One time when I was pregnant with my oldest, I ate a whole pecan pie. Just sat down with a spoon and ate it all.  I wonder how many calories that was ?  They say pecan pie is one of the most fattening calorie dense things you can eat. Supposedly 100 cal per bite.

I ran 3.6 on trails last night. My shin still hurts but it's not as bad. I am taking lots of walk breaks to ease back in. I wonder if it will heal while still doing intervals. Hmm.

Jack, how is the knee? Is DW Going for sub 4 Or was it BQ? Didn't she miss it by like 6 seconds the past 2 races?  I hope she gets it this time.

Gotta go-Hello to everyone else

~~~~~~~

Traci

Brilliant

What a nice coincidence.  I'm eating a banana-pecan pancake with sliced bananas and coconut syrup as I type this. I had no idea I was celebrating a holiday by doing so!  

Hopesmom, hope PT goes well.

Zel, Scotty, and Damaris, happy running later.

Jack, I'm glad your track run went well.  If a little monotonous!

PAD, enjoy the double.

Ginny, I hope you get to run outside!

Traci - a whole pie???  Next time save yourself some trouble and just drink the corn syrup out of the bottle. Big grin

6 hilly trail miles with my club this morning.  Super fun.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Traci: Her BQ is 3:55 and she has missed it by 16 and 32 seconds in her last two marathons. She is training well but has been getting bad cramps at mile 18-20 in her long runs. If she can avoid that she has a good chance at a BQ.

My knee is just "ok." If it holds up I will jog/walk the marathon. At least I can decide the day before at the packet pickup.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon all!

I took yesterday as a RD after all because my sinuses just wouldn't clear up.  Today I did 6 and it was much better.  It rained a bit over night which I think got some of the pollen out of the air.  I'm getting my dog groomed tomorrow to help with that and encouraging DH to get a haircut as well =D  It is back to the rinse off before bed routine - at least if I get the pollen out of my own hair/off of my skin a feel a bit better.

Z - nice job on the mileage - even after a double race weekend :-)

DR - I hope that your breathing tests come back decent.  That reminds me that I need to go to the doctor to get a new rescue inhaler - mine is almost out and the pollen is making me a little miserable.

HsM - enjoy the PT.  I view PT as paid torture =D

Scotty - how large is your yard?  Luckily for me mowing the lawn was a "boy chore" so I never really had to do it growing up.  Now living in the city I do no real upkeep other than cleaning.

Jack - I'm glad to hear that your knee is behaving.  DW seems speedy - you guys are just a family full of athletes, huh?

Ginny - I'd rather run in the rain than on the TM.  I am hoping to avoid it from here on out unless there are thunderstorms or 85+ degree temps when I need to run.

PAD - enjoy your double

Traci - I've never eaten an entire pecan pie - but I've eaten an entire jar of peanut butter - probably just as fattening.  DH loves pecan pie so I make it for him every thanksgiving - I don't eat eggs or dairy so there's no temptation there for me.

Allison - your breakfast sounds amazing!!!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Tuesday, Penguins.  I got in 3.3 miles this morning.  It felt like one of my first 3 mile runs.  I can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

Traci, my pecan pie eating sister!  Seriously, I can relate to that.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

The rain stopped so I did 4.8 outside.  It was cool and cloudy and my legs felt rested from the lower miles lately, so I flew.  Allergies are really bad though.  Worse was all the herbicide/fertilizer that everyone is spraying on their lawns right now.  Weed and Feed does not agree with me.  I was okay while running, but have a hard time breathing the rest of the time.