Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies Night Lights! (Read 47 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

You know when a woman gets pregnant, and her husband starts gaining weight? It normally happens because she eats more, and he just joins her. I think I'm seeing something similar, except with my wife. She has complained lately that she's put on a few pounds. I think back to the last month and I've started drinking milk, eating cheese, and eating ice cream more often. Normally I stay away from dairy because you really don't need it, but my wife said that I was losing too much weight. So to maintain weight I eat that stuff. Well, I think she's eating it right along with me. Moral of the story, just because one spouse is training doesn't mean the other spouse should eat right along with them.

I did run today, and I swear I didn't sweat out ice cream or anything like that. Smile It was hot and humid for September - 71 degrees with DP of 63. I managed 5 miles @ 8:42 pace. A little faster than normal, but I kept trying to get back to that 9mm pace after each mile and the legs would just start moving faster. My pace graph resembled something similar to an electrocardiograph. Smile

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

B-Plus

8 easy later

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.5 miles. Not too bad. Mile 6 some guy said it is kinda hot to be running, isn't it.  All I could do was smile and say it has been worse.

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

4 miles and it was 59 DEGREES!!!!! Amazing!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

4 miles and it was 59 DEGREES!!!!! Amazing!

Jealous and WANT TO GO RUN NOW.

<3

LRB

The next couple weeks I'm actually going to have to squeeze in life plus running and work lol. 

Enjoy it!  We will be here, this place is home for many.

What up doe Peeps & Peepettes!

When I saw 46 degrees on weatherscan this morning, I didn't know whether to celebrate, or to see if hell froze over!  lol

I passed on the temptation to wear a singlet, since I was not sure how the air would feel.  So I wore shorts, a long sleeve top and my lightest pair of knit gloves and had a nice run.  It was one of those runs where when I got home I was barely sweating.  It has been forever since I could say that!

In other news, I am planning on a meeting with my boss next week.  This working so much that I cannot check in on the dailies until afternoon shit is whack yo!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is 105F and 74DP right now.  One more post in tbe 40s and I am banning all of you!!!Big grin

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi! Rest day.

YAYpril - B-Plus

It is 105F and 74DP right now.  One more post in tbe 40s and I am banning all of you!!!Big grin

Sorry. I think I started it by telling you at 7am that it was 50* outside and my front door was open so I was cold in my living room. Big grin

LRB

Sorry. I think I started it by telling you at 7am that it was 50* outside and my front door was open so I was cold in my living room. Big grin

It was so cold in the office this morning, that most if not all of the inspectors blew that popsicle stand by 9:00 am.  Some of us usually hang around until 10:00!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, it was your fault.Joking

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

I just spent the last half hour pinning pumpkin recipes. Yum yum yum.

Speed work in a little bit.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with all the family, friends, etc., craziness SIAR!

I seriously doubt you are very lazy, Step, all the miles you put in.   Your car sounds haunted or cursed.  Did you make a gypsy mad at you? Wink

Good luck with the 15K tomorrow, FreeSoul!

Happy RD, Zelanie.  Sorry you got soaked yesterday.   Isn't it a requirement for teachers to have a change of clothes in case of spills, students throwing up on you, etc? Joking

40 degrees!  Shut the heck up, Granite!  It's flipping 92 degrees right now in San Antonio!  We probably won't even get into the 80s until October, darn the luck.

Good luck to your daughter, DaveP, sounds like she is going to get more of a workout than the football players!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

This is why I don't get snowbirds.  The weather around here is just getting nice again, and they're all heading to Florida where it's still stinking hot.  And hurricane season to boot!  Makes no sense.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Back away from the ice cream, Andrew!  Joking  Of course, when your wife says she's put on a few pounds, you've been married long enough now to know the appropriate response to that, right? Big grin

Good luck with the 8, B-Plus!

Congrats on your miles, Marjorie.  Umm, maybe you misheard that guy...he probably said "You're kinda hot, running..."  Big grin

Does that mean you will have early winter, Kristin and next month it will snow all over you?

46 degrees?  Et tu, LRB!  Yeah, I'm with Damaris!  Go ahead, just rub that temp into the faces of those of us who seem to have a never-ending summer going on..and on....and on....

Happy rest day, April!  Thank you for not mentioning any cool temperatures there. Joking

Good luck with the speedwork, lilac. What the heck is spunning?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt