Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies Night Lights! (Read 47 times)

LRB

But I was inspired to post here by the title, since tonight is our high school's first home football game.

My nephew has a game tonight that I am passing on in favor of homecoming next week.  The last time I saw his school play was at Ford Field last November, en route to them getting trucked by 50+ points.  That was the longest night ever.  The only thing that kept it interesting was the student section, who were having a blast!

And what you are feeling in your injury could be scar tissue tearing and repairing itself, so do not throw in the towel just yet.  Let it adapt, then run lightly again.  I would not run consecutive days at no time during this point...if it were me that is.

Jess runs for bacon

Ugh, spunning should just be spent. Stupid ipad.

B-Plus

It's 64 degrees here at 1:20 p.m. At least I'm safe from banning for now.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

6.6 afternoon miles (1/4 marathon) in Ohio, in preparation for Sunday's half!

Good day, hit the shooting range this morning, and tuned in my rifle at 300, then worked the pits for my friend while he shot at 1000 yards. Amazing stuff there!!!!

Heading out to dinner with friends tonight, and maybe a cocktail or two.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

3.75 miles of suck.  I'm tired of my adductor being a PITA.

LRB

I do know whether to cheer or jeer, or, is one of each appropriate?

delicate flower

7 mile tempo run done at 7:34 avg pace, with 2 x 1 mile at 5K pace (6:50ish) because I wanted to take back two Strava segments I lost while recovering from knee surgery.  DONE, plus I grabbed one more.  Big grin

Sad

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

PS-- I have a 4 mile race tomorrow. I am not going all out, I am primarily doing it for the cause (Autism Speaks)... but I am still hoping for a PR (44:46)...since I have never "raced" a 4M my PR is very soft, so I am more than confident I can smash it without exhausting myself.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

...so I am more than confident I can smash it without exhausting myself.

You have come a long way when you can type that!

Hip Redux

I do know whether to cheer or jeer, or, is one of each appropriate?

Meh, it pretty much sucked from the get-go, but I was too stubborn to cut the run short.   I'm going to stop whining, I promise.  Smile

I had Indian for dinner - something they call chicken shahenshah - DELICIOUS.  I have never heard of it before, but I'm glad I tried it.  Yummo.

Hi dailies:

URD just because of being in an unusually foul and dark mood.   Going to bed early, tomorrow will be better.

LRB

I had Indian for dinner

Are their dishes not one in the same just with different names and/or ingredients?

And you can whine until the cows come home!  ; )

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 2 with husband, then my 8, except someone lent me some lungs because I was flying.  Now off to the hospital to see Hershey and talk to the vet.

Damaris

meaghansketch

Doubles today, though not in the order I wanted.  Slept in so I did 4.8 easy instead of my tempo run this morning, then did the tempo run tonight at the gym.  8.5 w/ 5.5 @ HMP.  Pretty solid workout.

Haven't read through the whole thread, but happy Friday everyone!

Kristin- Go get that PR!

Will run for scenery.

Tomorrow is the Imogene Pass Run, 17 miles of rocky jeep roads with a high point of 13,100 feet.  I love this run, but I've got a long list of reasons it might suck this year:

I had to superglue both big toenails back on (almost glued 2 toes together!)  Toesies feel kinda sore when I run downhill.

My cold is back, so I'm hacking green mucous out of my lungs. Breathing through my nose is not an option.  I'm feeling pretty dopey even w/o the Sudafed.

One sinus is infected so every footstep feels like an electric shock to my tooth nerve.

Forecast for tomorrow : 50% chance T-storms.

Forecast for tonight : 50% chance T-storms and I'm sleeping in a tent in the woods.

Anyway, from the get-go this run was supposed to be only about fun.  If tomorrow starts to suck, I'm keeping my options open : I might turn back early or even DNS if it comes to that.

On the positive side : this year I didn't forget my running shoes!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!